Need help '80 Regal Limited mint find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul B

n00b
Jun 12, 2020
Hi guys,
I'm a car guy in Canada with a couple of old vintage cars, I was asked if I could help sell an '80 Regal
I have a couple of questions

So here are the questions:
The driver's window only goes down part way, then makes a noise like the gears are slipping, does the same when almost fully up. I'm guessing change the motor, is it hard to do on these? How much is the motor?
The visors are fine, but the headliner is drooping, I already found a link on this, I think I'll leave it as is to sell.
AC doesn't blow cold and has never been converted to R134, but the temp dial works. Just leave it?
And the final big question, how much should I ask for the car?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Clock and radio repair will add little value to majority of buyers

Blower motor is an easy fix, and well worth doing.

A/C...if you can find R12 locally (Craigslist/FB Marketplace), it'd be worth trying a can or 2 to see if it holds. THIS IS NOT THE LEGAL WAY to check the system, but is common. Locally, R12 still turns up for around $15 a can.

Looks like a very nice car, and I'm not really a Regal fan, but the colors are good!

Can't really help on pricing, but sounds reasonable to me.

Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I think your in the right price range and wouldn't take long to sell. I wouldn't get involved with the fixes since it's not yours besides they are all just incidentals. I know people wouldn't want to here this but I wouldn't hesitate to buy the car @ 7500 Canadian to build a race car. After building the Sonoma it was such a pleasure to work with a like new car, I wouldn't need paint and also selling off what I don't need would make it worth it.

Paul B

n00b
Jun 12, 2020
Thanks for the replies guys.
I saw the window motor at the Rock for $23 CDN, also the fan blower motor with cage for about $30
I'm not going to touch the headliner at all, leave it for the next guy.
I took the buffer to it yesterday to freshen it up, came out very nice, I'll take the pics for the ads later today and post the ads this week, we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Nice car, you don't see 78/79 or 80 Buick's very often. Interesting on the 301 Pontiac V8 as well.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Very nice car indeed. It's always nice to see these survivor vehicles pop up now and then. As far as the fixes, it couldn't hurt to take care of the simple stuff if you choose to, but I'm sure a serious buyer wouldn't mind addressing these fixes himself. It's still a used car anyway you look at it, so there will be some minor problems that need attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor