Need Help!! 85 cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

moeman.kj5

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 10, 2014
Chicago, il
Will a 231 (v6) pull 24" rims? I'm starting to have transmission issues and I'm not sure if I should upgrade or get stock parts again. Anything helps. Thanks

Attachments

• cutty.jpg
    cutty.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 329

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
Obviously the 3 speeds can't handle the heavier rims and once you move the v6 to pull that out it's not worth $ putting back in, since you would probably end up building a 4 speed trans. Nobody rebuild the metric trans but the turbo350 or th350 is worth rebuilding if you know someone, or how to do it yourself. If you do rebuild a 3 speed consider using the B&M kit w/ the gate shifter so that your trans doesn't shift up/down in traffic all the time (stay in 1 or 2 when it's traffic) that could save you a lot of miles before have to rebuild it again next time

moeman.kj5

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 10, 2014
Chicago, il
Obviously the 3 speeds can't handle the heavier rims and once you move the v6 to pull that out it's not worth $ putting back in, since you would probably end up building a 4 speed trans. Nobody rebuild the metric trans but the turbo350 or th350 is worth rebuilding if you know someone, or how to do it yourself. If you do rebuild a 3 speed consider using the B&M kit w/ the gate shifter so that your trans doesn't shift up/down in traffic all the time (stay in 1 or 2 when it's traffic) that could save you a lot of miles before have to rebuild it again next time

Well I'm helping someone do it who's experienced. Would a turbo 350 trans be compatible with the 231 stock motor?

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
I would think that's what you have right now? Do you have a 200r4 that is what I have but I have the 307 v8. Most v6 has the turbo 350 trans stock

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
if you post a pic of the RPO codes of the door sticker, or from under the car w/ the trans showing it would be a lot faster for someone to tell what is it, if you don't know what kind it is already

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor