NEED HELP A/C QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

78AND80MC

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2010
RIVERSIDE CA
hello

i need help in trying to find out how difficult it will be to put ac back on my 80 Monte Carlo. originally it had a carb turbo v6 that was swap out for a 350 sbc. how hard is it to get the a/c back up. will the wiring be the same? what parts will i need? i have also read about changing to a serpentine set up will that work? any input will be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance Sal

gbondo57

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2010
Central Okla/USA
My approuch would be to snapshot your engine bay. (cell)Take some salvage yard trips, just looking, and comparing yours to the ones with what you want. I'm pretty sure the compressor wires are the same/local ground and clutch plug. Hopefully the comp locations (in the engine bay) are the same. Note make and models that have what you want, so you can order them. Notice the dryer connections to the condensor, that they are like yours. It's possible you'll find your car with the setup. good luck 8)

78AND80MC

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2010
RIVERSIDE CA
gbondo57 said:
My approuch would be to snapshot your engine bay. (cell)Take some salvage yard trips, just looking, and comparing yours to the ones with what you want. I'm pretty sure the compressor wires are the same/local ground and clutch plug. Hopefully the comp locations (in the engine bay) are the same. Note make and models that have what you want, so you can order them. Notice the dryer connections to the condensor, that they are like yours. It's possible you'll find your car with the setup. good luck 8)

thank you i will be going to the salvage yards this weekend hopefully they have some cars that have not been all taken appart that i can compare,

thank you sir for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor