Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
You can thank Audi for shift interlocks

For those old enough, remember the Audi 5000 debacle?

Reactions: 2 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
You can thank Audi for shift interlocks

For those old enough, remember the Audi 5000 debacle?

I Installed Car Stereos in the 1980's during college summers and a guy comes in with a brand new Audi 5000 quattro and he wanted a phone AND a CD player installed and my manager asked for an assist with something. In 1986 a car phone included a 18" square Box (pre bag phone) and a CD player had an extra unit sized box you had to stuff somewhere. Sticker on the car was $38K... in 1986. My 5.0L Mustang that I order new with EVERY option was right at $17K.

The install was painful and the Guy was a douche bag so I make the comment "isn't this the car that crashes itself into a wall?" Guy gets all red and says "those are the automatics, this one is a five speed manual".

Every time I saw a Audi 5000 on Craigslist for $2000, i think about that guy.

Also, when I put my T-type in reverse, it doesn't beep when I get close to objects. What do you guys think is broken?

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Then, a square body pulls out in front of you= Pinto vaporized.
Wheel chocks are important too... assuming there's enough to hold the tire and you don't just drive over the thing

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
My '99 GMT400/OBS series truck requires depressing the brake pedal before it will shift out of Park/into gear so earlier than the mid-2000's.
Yes, it was the 90s. Thanks for the correction. The main point was, there were no brake-related transmission requirements from the factory on the G-bodies. So be careful jacking around with the shifter in there.

Reactions: 1 user

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Then, a square body pulls out in front of you= Pinto vaporized.

The guy driving that Pinto thought "I've got this", until out of the corner of his eye, he saw the NBC film crew, then looked to his right and saw a 60 minutes film crew..."I'm Boned".

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor