Need Help Finding AC hose for 1987 Grand National

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbomark

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2021
I need help finding an AC hose for my 1987 Grand National. Its the hose that runs from the condenser to the evaporator where the orifice tube is installed. I can't find a listing for this hose anywhere.
Does anyone have a part number or a website where I can purchase this hose?

TIA,

Mark.

1616936346706.png

1616936385420.png

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
That’s the liquid hard line that is so hard to find. Most people scour the boneyards. You may be able to have a AC or refrigeration shop fan you one. I found an aftermarket vendor for Monte Carlo lines, about $100. I’ll search my bookmarks.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
GM p/n 25526851

Good luck is all I can say. Discontinued from GM many years ago. About the only way you could do it is find one from a junker somewhere if it hasn't been picked apart, or if you could run across something that could be slightly modified to work. I dunno.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Monte Carlos, Cutlass, and Pontiacs used the same line, 10036850. It has a curly loop on the condenser end, and is shaped differently. Do not know if it can be made to work. Probably can, but I just don't know.

turbomark

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2021
Monte Carlos, Cutlass, and Pontiacs used the same line, 10036850. It has a curly loop on the condenser end, and is shaped differently. Do not know if it can be made to work. Probably can, but I just don't know.

Is that a GM part number?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Is your's damaged or missing? If not, clean it and re-use it. If so, you'll need to find a good used one. An alternative is to build a custom hose to replace it with. Buy the ends and the hose from someone like Vintage Air or Four Seasons, mock it up on the car (for clocking) and then have it crimped locally. Check out Vintage air. They're out of San Antonio and are very helpful.

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I replaced everything for my ac system on my 86' Regal and the only thing I couldn't find available in the aftermarket was that hardline, lucky for me mine was in good shape and it cleaned up nicely

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Looks like the same one that I picked out of a mid 80s Regal at the local yard. Whats wrong with the one on your car ? I didnt think much could go wrong with an aluminum tube with a fitting on each end.
I have lines from a Cutlass that I planned on using in my Malibu wagon but theyre too long. The Regal line matches up right at the condenser.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor