Need Help (grant steering wheel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, about those bolts, they could be metric. Most parts stores like NAPA have metric and standard bolt selections. Just thought I'd throw that out there. 😀 .......................mickey-d :lol:

A steering wheel puller kit should come with different sizes of bolts and threads. There should be one in the kit that fit's your application. You shouldn't be looking in a hardware store for the correct bolts.
In Canada you can "borrow" a kit (for free) from any Canadian Tire location (with a deposit). I've done this on a few occasions.

none of the steering wheel pullers from autozone have bolts that small 1/4 x 28, so i gotta find those screws from somewhere because none of the auto parts stores had those bolts any bigger than an 1 1/2 in. and i need them to be atleast 3in. to use them with the puller.

Jeezycol, make sure you are using a "STEERING wheel puller kit", because there are a few different types of "wheel pullers" or just pullers.

Here is an example kit (click).

A steering wheel puller kit would have like 5 different bolt sizes, and it WILL have the bolts you need for that Grant wheel hub in the picture. How do I know? I've got a Grant steering wheel hub too, and have used a puller kit to get it off when transferring my Grant steering wheel from one car to the next.

I guess I was unlucky to only find ones with the bolts that are too big lol I work at autozone and i grabbed all the ones we had and the bolts were too big but I found some long enough bolts today at ace hardware so i should be good now

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor