Need help identifying wires...pics inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatdragracer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 24, 2011
Houston TX
Could you please help me I.D. these connections and where they should go...when I took all apart I thought I documented evertyhing well...but apparently not good enough.

The connection coming out of the plastic sleeve in the steering column (bottom of pic)...looks like a low voltage connection.
2011-10-15_13-20-41_453.jpg

These two connections
1. black/orange stripe wire with connection coming down from 12V block with red connector on end
2. Purple/white stripe wire with large black connector on end into main harness on fuse panel
2011-10-15_13-21-22_623.jpg

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
hatdragracer said:
Could you please help me I.D. these connections and where they should go...when I took all apart I thought I documented evertyhing well...but apparently not good enough.

The connection coming out of the plastic sleeve in the steering column (bottom of pic)...looks like a low voltage connection.
2011-10-15_13-20-41_453.jpg

These two connections
1. black/orange stripe wire with connection coming down from 12V block with red connector on end
2. Purple/white stripe wire with large black connector on end into main harness on fuse panel
2011-10-15_13-21-22_623.jpg
the top pic is from the turn signal lever and im not sure of the bottom 2

hatdragracer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 24, 2011
Houston TX
Thanks Kurupt....so it must be a cruise or wiper function? I can't find and connectors to go to it.

This is the wiring out of a 1987 regal with the 5.0 olds engine if that matters

hatdragracer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 24, 2011
Houston TX
Figured out the Cruise switch connection in the top picture....still stymied about the other 2

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Kuruption is correct about the forefront pic, turn signals, but the one dangling is the wiper switch harness. The cruise wires are tiny. The purple stripe wire I'm thinking should be the rear defogger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor