Need help identifying wires the

Status
Not open for further replies.

383elco

n00b
Aug 25, 2017
I purchased a 85 el Camino some time ago and am getting close to finishing it ,I built a stroke for it with pro billet 2 wire distributor,ignition box and coil I have taken out ac and heater box and replaced it with ac delete panel where I have installed elec fuel pump and fuel pressure reg a 10 screw battery hub,relocated battery into bed coil and ignition box all on delet panel . I have also installed a 3 switch and push button starter panel where radio use to be this car was a stollen vehicle be fore I purchased it at when the motor was taken out of it and ignition wire harness was cut 6 inches from connection sleeve below the brake booster .now it has 2 red 10 or 12 gage wires chat I believe are both positive Leeds ,one 10 gage purple wire that I believe goes to starter one 10 gage pink and small black which I think is ground, small brown ,small dark green ,small tan and a small green white wire my question is, what is the small green white wire for and what wire hooks to tach wire coming from igni box for the near future I am trying to use the stock Gage's that are already in the instrument panel. Any advice would be greatly thankful it

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Red= battery
Pink= ignition
Purple= start
Black= ground
Dk Brown= parking lights
These are the usual colors; I can't speak to the tan and green, white- could be headlights. Hook the battery leads up, and put a test light on the rest to see if they jive to the headlight switch....

383elco

n00b
Aug 25, 2017
Thanks for your input got it on the red , black tan,green,I'm not sure where the brown wire goes ,the lights all work with the brown wire unhooked maybe that could be the wire that attaches to the tach wire coming from ignition box

somaphox

Apprentice
Jan 16, 2015
on the frame towards the rear of the engine is also usually a brake pressure switch that has a tan wire,another brown goes to the underhood lamp i think

Andrew83

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 12, 2017
Hey Guys- new member to the forum but have been using as a resource for the past year while rebuilding an 83 SS with my teenage son- the forum rocks, tons of valuable info here. So, after a year long process and a swap to a 350 we are finally putting the car back together and I have a question about the wire/connector identification in the stock "engine harness".

So, any idea what these connected to? The wires/connectors branch out from stock harness from behind distributor. We've removed the ECM and will not be reusing.
IMG_1653.JPG
IMG_1654.JPG
IMG_1655.JPG

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
bottom 2 pics show a round connector, this is for oil pres sender/switch with extra wires for powering the electric choke.
top pic I'm not sure of.
joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor