MONTE CARLO Need Help.....L.E.D. lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I had the same problem I took each bulb out and flipped them 180 degrees until they came on! I've had the same situation on other cars too. I would think that the position in the socket would not matter but apparently it does?

Reactions: 1 users

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014
My comment is not going to help you but as this is probably the (at least) 3rd "help me with my LED conversion" thread since the summer, for anyone in the future who is actually researching & planning their project (not just throwing parts at it):

DON'T CHANGE EVERYTHING AT ONCE

For my addition of Rear Amber Turn Signals, the first physical change I made to the car was installing these Memotronic EF32RLNP flashers ... I used these flashers as their website had the most details about their products, company claims they work with a mixture of incandescent and LEDs (and they do), and it seemed to me the bipolarity feature could save me some headaches. I installed the flashers and then tested my work because if the lights didn't flash then the differential diagnosis is pretty easy -- my project didn't involve swapping sockets (technically, I added some) but if it had involved swapping sockets I would have taken care to only swap one per right/left side because if you test after making the change, the differential diagnosis is pretty easy

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor