Need help locating good repair shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Lambert

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 25, 2018
I'm a fairly new member and this is my first thread so please bear with me. I need to fine a good reliable shop to rebuild on a 200 4R, do some work on an 8.5 GN rear, and shorten a driveshaft 1". I'm located in North Houston just south of Spring. This is all going into a 1978 Cutlass Supreme, I'm putting in a 383 SBC after October. Thanks in advance for your help.

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reach out to JAMCAR223 on here. He knows a guy that can help you with the transmission for sure. He just did the 200-4R on Erik's 83 Hurst Olds. On the rear, I've used the Pyle Brothers in Baytown a few times with good results. On the driveshaft, I prefer to buy new from Denny's Driveshafts but I've used Northwest Drivetrain on 529, just west of 290 and was happy with the work. I sent you my cell number a few weeks ago by PM. You're welcome to call me to discuss. After 6 tonight would be fine. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Friendly
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor