need help Oldsmobile 350 Edelbrock kickdown cable throttle cable bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

350goldghost1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 21, 2016
Anybody have a picture or part number 4 throttle body and kickdown cable bracket for a Edelbrock carburetor for a 1972 Oldsmobile 350 motor they keep on sending me the wrong parts thank you everybody for you are this site is the best

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
What trans?

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
What transmission? I assume TH350, and what model carb? I know Edelbrock, but is it a 750cfm? 650? Also the serial number of the carb. To be fair you might be able to scrounge up the right parts from an Olds 307 from a junkyard. The TH350 uses a vacuum source to downshift/upshift. BUt if you have a 200r4 or a th200 metric trans they are cables.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Oh, my bad. The TH350 uses a cable to downshift at WOT, that's it. That's all it's for. Do you have a stock intake too? or is it an edelbrock intake?

350goldghost1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 21, 2016
What trans?
Edelbrock carbur bracket
Oh, my bad. The TH350 uses a cable to downshift at WOT, that's it. That's all it's for. Do you have a stock intake too? or is it an edelbrock intake?
The carburetor was on the car ready it's a new carburetor I think it's a 650 I put Edelbrock high rise intake on It i called Jags they couldn't find a bracket for the kickdown cable and throttle cable to fit it I'm looking for a crossmember to. To Bolt up to the turbo 350 took the motor out of a 72 Cutlass and put it in my 87 olds the 87 old crossmember will not slide forward

350goldghost1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 21, 2016
Edelbrock carbur bracket

The carburetor was on the car ready it's a new carburetor I think it's a 650 I put Edelbrock high rise intake on It i called Jags they couldn't find a bracket for the kickdown cable and throttle cable to fit it I'm looking for a crossmember to. To Bolt up to the turbo 350 took the motor out of a 72 Cutlass and put it in my 87 olds the 87 old crossmember will not slide forward
And the transmission is a turbo 350

79wagonator

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2011
Long Island, NY
edl-8036_w.jpg

This is the one I used http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-8036/overview/
Its for sbc but maybe you can adapt it to fit. I don't think they make one olds specific. Whats the distance between the back 2 manifold bolts on your olds? i can measure mine to see if its close. I had to drill a few extra holes in it to get the geometry right for the throttle cable to operate straight from idle to wot.

350goldghost1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 21, 2016
edl-8036_w.jpg

Its for sbc but maybe you can adapt it to fit. I don't think they make one olds specific. Whats the distance between the back 2 manifold bolts on your olds? i can measure mine to see if its close. I had to drill a few extra holes in it to get the geometry right for the throttle cable to operate straight from idle to wot.

350goldghost1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 21, 2016
edl-8036_w.jpg

Thanks a lot I will post picture tomorrow maybe get some measurements I thank you for your help

79wagonator

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2011
Long Island, NY
7A022EF2-6927-441B-A6A1-46891B6B2600_zpsoskttu24.jpg
below is how mine is mounted
the distance between rear 2 bolts where it mounts on sbc is 2 1/4" aprox
If you can see I fabbed a little tab to attach return spring to back of stud for transmission kickdown

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor