Need help removing dual jet carb from 3.8 v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasindude1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 4, 2016
I have a 82 Cutlass, from my other thread people are recommending i rebuild the carb. I removed the air cleaner and I see 2 bolts in the back on the intake manifold, the only front bolts i see are on top of the carb itself. Are these the bolts I need to remove? Just need a little help figuring out how to remove the carb. thanks in advance =)

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
'82 is a CCC, or computer controlled carb. Difficult for an expert, impossible for a rookie. First take a few pictures of it from all angles for reference. Then take off the gas line with a 5/8" flare fitting wrench, while holding the big 1" filter housing nut with an open end or adjustable wrench. It is easiest while the carb is still bolted on. Then remove the throttle cable (don't lose the clip!), transmission cable, vacuum hoses, and all wiring carefully without breaking anything. The grey choke wire clip breaks just by looking at it. Once stripped down of attachments, you can remove those four 1/2" bolts, and take it off. Now find someone who knows what they are doing and have it rebuilt properly. No parts store generic rebuilds! Keep that original carb!!!!

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Taking it off isn't hard, only takes me 5 minutes to take off the CCC Qjet on my engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor