Need help tracking down a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacknchrome

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 24, 2021
I have gotten in over my head and I’m not too sure what else to suspect for my issue. A few weeks ago, my 1985 cutlass started to backfire under the carb, and had weak acceleration. I replaced all of the spark plugs, and then it was running perfectly. About a week after that, It reverted back to the same state randomly. I had someone tell me that it sounded like water in my fuel, so I added some alcohol to the tank. That got rid of the popping backfires, but not the lack of acceleration and rough idle. I then changed out my fuel filter, and fuel pump. That didn’t fix the issue, but did help. I’d say it was working at about 70%. After 3 days of it being consistent, I went to start it yesterday. It was extremely hard to start, and when it did, it started making the same popping backfire sounds. I am at a loss as to where to look next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor