Need help very confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimothyOnTop

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2019
I have a stock 1985 cutlass supreme brougham 307 V8 vin y with th200c transmission the car drives and shifts great but I rebuilt my carburetor when I put back on car I noticed the throttle cable was hooked up normally but the cable under was not connected I need to know if this transmission needs a tv cable which is necessary or if it is the kickdown cable that is not a necessity? I have read it is a tv cable but I have been driving the car for almost 5 years as a daily driver with no problems I am confused and could use some help thanks in advance

TimothyOnTop

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2019
I have a stock 1985 cutlass supreme brougham 307 V8 vin y with th200c automatic 3 speed transmission not th200r4 the car drives and shifts great but I rebuilt my carburetor when I put back on car I noticed the throttle cable was hooked up normally but the cable under was not connected I need to know if this transmission needs a tv cable which is necessary or if it is the kickdown cable that is not a necessity? I have read it is a tv cable but I have been driving the car for almost 5 years as a daily driver with no problems I am confused and could use some help thanks in advance

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
The 200C is TV cable not kick down. It has to be hooked up to stock location on throttle shaft or it is possible to burn it up on as little as 30 miles.

Reactions: 1 users

TimothyOnTop

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2019
That is why I am confused I have been driving car for 5 years without one and it shifts great

TimothyOnTop

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2019
That is why I am confused I have been driving car for 5 years without one and it shifts great
To be sure the tv cable goes in the bottom hole of throttle cable bracket I can't find a tv cable for this only a kickdown cable do you know where I could find proper tv cable for this transmission

78Malibu496bbc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 15, 2023
I have a stock 1985 cutlass supreme brougham 307 V8 vin y with th200c transmission the car drives and shifts great but I rebuilt my carburetor when I put back on car I noticed the throttle cable was hooked up normally but the cable under was not connected I need to know if this transmission needs a tv cable which is necessary or if it is the kickdown cable that is not a necessity? I have read it is a tv cable but I have been driving the car for almost 5 years as a daily driver with no problems I am confused and could use some help thanks in advance
th200 is a tv cable transmission. it is highly recommeded lol. without it one can expect rough shift timing, and transmission not shifting down, while accelerating. line pressure would also be an issue, causing regular inconsistency

Reactions: 1 user

78Malibu496bbc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 15, 2023
ive never been a gambler when it does to autos. my memo is do it right, or not at all. however just because you SHOULDNT do something, doesnt always mean catastrophic failure. ive seen alot of recongized and acknowledged errors, go years and tens of thousands miles with no major reprecussion. Yet sooner than later, half assing something will always come back around to bite ya in the buttocks. put a tv cable on it, and you will definitely see the correct difference, and have peace of mind also.

TimothyOnTop

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2019
ive never been a gambler when it does to autos. my memo is do it right, or not at all. however just because you SHOULDNT do something, doesnt always mean catastrophic failure. ive seen alot of recongized and acknowledged errors, go years and tens of thousands miles with no major reprecussion. Yet sooner than later, half assing something will always come back around to bite ya in the buttocks. put a tv cable on it, and you will definitely see the correct difference, and have peace of mind also.
Thank you very much for your time I am going to try and order one tomorrow having trouble finding one. Do you know if it matters if it has a slotted end it a teardrop style end that connects to throttle linkage?

TimothyOnTop

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2019
Thank you very much for your time I am going to try and order one tomorrow having trouble finding one. Do you know if it matters if it has a slotted end it a teardrop style end that connects to throttle linkage?
I think this is the one I need?

Pioneer Automatic Transmission Cable Detent CA-1937​

Can anyone concur?
There is this style and another style that has a slot instead they both say they will fit my car but does anyone know which one will work best for my car I can't see what kind it had on it because the cable is broke right at the bracket so the wire tip is gone thank you everyone for your help I appreciate it

Pioneer Inc. Detent Cable - CA1980​

Reactions: 1 user

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
There are several I found this one on CTPowertrain

Screenshot_20230131-230439.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor