Need help with 700r4

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
ok. I was wrong about the computer control. But I do have 4 wires routed down near the transmission that have me confused. I guess I should learn not to post at 0130.

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
4L60E was computer controlled, not the 700r4. The only electrical connection(s) on the 700r4 are for converter lockup and/or for the VSS for use with an electronic speedo. Connector for converter lockup is a square 4 pin on driver side. As designed, converter lockup was controlled by the ecm. Aftermarket has lockup kits so you can do away with the ecm. The first 700r4 I had was driven with no converter lockup at all with no problems.

Reactions: 1 users

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
Why not post a picture of what you have going on?That would have been faster then that video and we can see what you are talking about and be able to be of better help .

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
4L60E was computer controlled, not the 700r4. The only electrical connection(s) on the 700r4 are for converter lockup and/or for the VSS for use with an electronic speedo. Connector for converter lockup is a square 4 pin on driver side. As designed, converter lockup was controlled by the ecm. Aftermarket has lockup kits so you can do away with the ecm. The first 700r4 I had was driven with no converter lockup at all with no problems.
Hi! Thanks for the info. That's going to save me a lot of time. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor