Need help with a fender question

Status
Not open for further replies.

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
When I took the wagon apart 6 years ago I do not recall having a bracket in the area circled in Red. However it looks to me like one should be here?

80 Malibu fenders, if anyone knows please clue me in. Additionally if there should be one here and anyone has a picture a bracket and how it mount and can post a picture that would help as well. It will help me source them or fab my own.

Thanks in advance.

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
Thanks that helps. I know the Regals inside and out its been 6 years since I took this thing apart somethings are fuzzy.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
The plastic wheel well and battery tray connect the fender to the radiator support in that area.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
The plastic wheel well and battery tray connect the fender to the radiator support in that area.

Correct, I just seem to recall brackets that attached to the lower 2 holes at the bottom of the fender. I swear I saw something on an Elcamino once maybe I am loosing my mind

Either way thanks all, I wont worry about it figured it could not hurt to ask.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
There is/was a small plastic shield that bolts to the lower rear hole and over the inner fender where it makes the turn forward. Pretty commonly missing/broken off. It does help stabilize the bottom of the fender somewhat. Lots of the cars without them have cracked fenders in that area

No pic today, flu is kicking my butt

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Brian's right. I forgot about this piece. The left and right are mirror images. Here's a picture of the better of the two I had in the garage. I can make a pattern, if you need one.
DSCN6514.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
Thank you. The car was missing them however at some point I picked up an NOS set, I am in the process of inventorying all the parts for the car which have been boxed up since we moved. Its been so long since I boxed it up that I forgot what I had and what I still need, came across them the other night digging through all this stuff. Its amazing to see all the parts for one of these wagons spread out all at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor