MALIBU Need help with an Unleaded Fuel Only Decal- Probably North of the Border in Canada version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Not sure of the SIZING of said decal. There's a few cars out there that mainly Chevrolet put out there with "Unleaded Fuel Only" decals, the lettering on a clear decal type, which also contained the French version beneath. Working on a project, and it would be especially helpful to get a 78 Malibu that has this decal to be totally accurate, but right now, I'm looking for ANY INFORMATION.

Here's the idea below.....just don't know the width. Assuming about 4 or 5 inches or so, but I don't just want to guess. TIA.

Draft Unleaded Fuel with french label decal.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
I need one in black for my Can Am, just says UNLEADED FUEL ONLY, almost looks like it was painted/stamped on the urethane bumper cover/gas door area on since its rubbed away in some spots.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I need one in black for my Can Am, just says UNLEADED FUEL ONLY, almost looks like it was painted/stamped on the urethane bumper cover/gas door area on since its rubbed away in some spots.
Letter size? Overall length? I've only seen one Can Am license plate pocket in my life and do recall a single line "Unleaded Fuel Only" on it, but don't recall the size or any details.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Here's a couple of draft runs on this. Top is 1/2" high and 4- 1/8" wide. Bottom is 1/2" high and 3- 9/16" wide. Black borders are just for contrasting where the edges are. Those wouldn't show on the final.

Could someone who actually knows the language check my French on the Rocket Fuel Only label? I used a google translator crap, so there's that....

Unleaded Fuel Only with French PROOFS.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006

Does it look sorta like this one? Not much detail to this one. I've never seen these directly stamped. Just clear decals. That's what I'm trying to attempt with this deal, but I don't even know if it's going to work. Just some more experiments.

Can Am UFO decal.jpg

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Wow. That does look like silk screening with paint they did to that. I've never seen that sh*t before. Someone went to long lengths for that.

Best I can do is maybe a stencil with pre-mask tape because of the "open" spots of the O's, A's and D's and junk. Lay it all down, remove premask, tape around the template, spray the black color, then remove the stencil. Tough part would be picking the vinyl stencil bits for the inside of the letters off the bumper filler. Dental pick would probably be able to get those off.

That's about the only way I would know to recreate that without making a rig for re-silkscreening. Which would be $$$$$$

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Wow. That does look like silk screening with paint they did to that. I've never seen that sh*t before. Someone went to long lengths for that.

Best I can do is maybe a stencil with pre-mask tape because of the "open" spots of the O's, A's and D's and junk. Lay it all down, remove premask, tape around the template, spray the black color, then remove the stencil. Tough part would be picking the vinyl stencil bits for the inside of the letters off the bumper filler. Dental pick would probably be able to get those off.

That's about the only way I would know to recreate that without making a rig for re-silkscreening. Which would be $$$$$$
ok, that's what I figured... if you're willing to make a stencil I'll pay for your time to do it etc. Heck you can probably can sell them to the Can Am guys too...

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Lemme know what the width is of the lettering and how high the letters are and I may be able to do something...

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor