need help with backspacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

zclark

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2016
I have a set of 15x8 chevy vette rallies with 275 60 on them but have a little bit of a rubbing issue on the outside. but I don't know the backspacing on them and what backspacing would clear the 275 60

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Typically 15 x 8 Corvette Rallyes come with 4" of backspace but depending on the manufacturer the backspacing could vary so you would have to measure it but 4" of B.S. would usually work on a Gbody but maybe the 375 is too tall for your car if it is rubbing on the outside.
What kind of car is this and how much room do you have between the frame and the section width of the tire?

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
With a 275 60 15 you will need to roll the lip on the quater panel and you should be fine provided you have a 4" backspace rim. are you running factory rims or aftermarket?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

zclark

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2016
Well I have same tire and rim set up as you so what's the best way to roll a lip

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
there is a few ways to make clearance. some people will slit the inner lip and fold it up one section at a time. you can use the tool that rolls it but it is alittle pricy. maybe a high end shop in your area that does wheels may do it for a fee. or the old school way is a baseball bat or large diameter dowel rod.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor