Need Help With CA-Catalytic Converters For GBodys

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcotrk

Apprentice
Oct 8, 2021
So Its Been Six Weeks Since I Ordered a Direct Fit- Magnaflow 332456 Catalytic Converter For My 1983 El Camino SS 305 V8, I Have Been Waiting And Waiting And Due To Covid The Supply Chain Has Been Slowed Down, They Keep Pushin My Shipping Dates Back From The Magnaflow Factory And Its Beginning To Creep Up On My 60 Day Time Period To Get My Cat Done Before I Have To Pay Penalties At The DMV. I Decided Im Probably Going To Cancel My Order and Try And Find Another Catalytic Converter Thats In Stock Around Me. I Found a Magnaflow Universal Fit 334016 In Stock At a Autozone Around Me, It Appears To Be PreODii with 2.5 Piping. I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me Confirm If This Would Work On My El Camino Cuz This Smog sh*t Is Driving Me Bonkers...

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I wonder how much better the aftermarket cats flow as opposed to factory? My factory cat that was in my 80 cutlass is in very nice shape and been sitting on the shelf for several years . If it’s an option for you I’m sure we can work something out .
A lot better than those big pancake converters, especially with any miles. New cats steal minimal power on most new cars. It is another reason why modern cars out power our old junk. Good luck on your search, I would only own brand new cars in Nazifornia.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
A lot better than those big pancake converters, especially with any miles. New cats steal minimal power on most new cars. It is another reason why modern cars out power our old junk. Good luck on your search, I would only own brand new cars in Nazifornia.

Most G bodies use honeycomb type cats.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Weren't 82 and up the improved flowing cats?
I believe so. The stock cat for the former 3.8 in my Regal was a long honeycomb style cat. The MCSS HO 305 cat that replaced it is a shorter high flow stlye cat with wide oval mouths which was also used in Corvettes at the time.

Deadeyejedi80

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2018
Saratoga springs ny
Let’s not forget , in the great state of New York (sarcasm) you can’t just buy a cat and install it yourself it’s illegal to ship to New York . You are at the mercy of a dealership acquiring and installing which I’m sure is very expensive . I know guys that will actually have friends In neighboring states purchase them for them and arrange pick up .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor