Need Help With CA-Catalytic Converters For GBodys

Status
Not open for further replies.

DurtyBreed

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2018
San Jo, Califas
So Its Been Six Weeks Since I Ordered a Direct Fit- Magnaflow 332456 Catalytic Converter For My 1983 El Camino SS 305 V8, I Have Been Waiting And Waiting And Due To Covid The Supply Chain Has Been Slowed Down, They Keep Pushin My Shipping Dates Back From The Magnaflow Factory And Its Beginning To Creep Up On My 60 Day Time Period To Get My Cat Done Before I Have To Pay Penalties At The DMV. I Decided Im Probably Going To Cancel My Order and Try And Find Another Catalytic Converter Thats In Stock Around Me. I Found a Magnaflow Universal Fit 334016 In Stock At a Autozone Around Me, It Appears To Be PreODii with 2.5 Piping. I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me Confirm If This Would Work On My El Camino Cuz This Smog sh*t Is Driving Me Bonkers...

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
You probably need to contact the CARB and find out if they will accept a universal replacement cat, they probably won't.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
I know it says 49 state, but would this do?

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away

JimmyCamino

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2020
Alexandria, VA
What about Walker? What led you to choose Magnaflow? I think local and in stock is the way to go, local shops may be able to steer you to a source. Yeah, it will be expensive. Penalties for missing the inspection deadline vs. paying a premium at a local shop? Not to mention you just want to get it done and get it on the road again.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
I like Random Tech. Never had a problem with them and they seem to flow well.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Before you spend money, do your homework. CARB has changed the EOs over the years. The range of acceptable cats is actually not impossible. Basically, find the biggest one you can to get the best flow that applied to your model year and make. Go through the following websites:

Reactions: 1 users

Deadeyejedi80

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2018
Saratoga springs ny
I wonder how much better the aftermarket cats flow as opposed to factory? My factory cat that was in my 80 cutlass is in very nice shape and been sitting on the shelf for several years . If it’s an option for you I’m sure we can work something out .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor