Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsanchez82

n00b
Jul 7, 2020
Got an 86 Monte Carlo with stock suspension. Want to fit 22x11 on rears. Will they work without having to do anything or how do I make them work.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
WHY???
Seriously I doubt that a 11" wide rim would fit easily.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
Without any details sounds like you may have to lift the rear an inch or two. I am not familiar with the Monte's Stock Coils, Could be the same as the Malibu's but. . . Someone who has done this type of Wheel and Tire might have a better idea than me. I mostly just do the stock stuff.

Dixie Restoration Depot

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 24, 2016
Manchester, CT
It depends what look and stance you are going for, since the trend is to tuck them, I am going to base my answer off of that. a frame notch and mini tub might get you there but you are turning your rear frame section into just a skin so you'll need some additional bracing at a minimum and expect to roll your fender lip.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I hope you don't have the 7.5" rear or the stock brakes trying to stop the huge increase of rotating mass...... :popcorn:

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor