Need info : What non computer Q-Jet to replace my 17086004 with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2016
Title says it all, I'm converting my 86 2+2 Aerocoupe from computer to non computer, and was wondering what non computer Quadrajet would be best to swap it out with? would any pre 1981 305 code H Qjet carb work?

Thanks in advance.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Pretty much. I prefer the '75 to '79 models and then I swap on the electric choke from the '80 on models. Don't forget the HEI needs to changed back too.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
I'd say it'd probably work just ifine. In those years it looks like they only made around 200 hp.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Why are you removing the computer? There is zero power gain and a decrease in mpgs, it's just opening a can of worms for nothing.

Reactions: 1 user

jerry455

Apprentice
Jul 9, 2006
sterling hts mi
I agree, a properly functioning electronic carb is better than the older carb. Putting in some richer secondary metering rods will make more difference. When you are in the secondarys you are in open loop anyway.Look into a chip for the computer with better spark curve. A better breathing exhaust will help also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor