Need new weather stripping, what's recommended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
The Monte needs new weather stripping. The driver side has deteriorated to the point that air can be felt, sound can be heard and water comes through in automatic car washes all on the driver side. I checked the driver door and it has zero sag. So what kit do ya'll recommend?

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Always had good luck with Soff-seal

Will be trying Metro soon

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I went with the Metro brand. I'm satisfied so far.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
GM is the best fitting. Especially the lower door seals.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I went soft seal with my car 3 years ago. Not entirely happy but it works. I would not take the car thru a car wash though as I would be soaked if I tried to.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
80something to 94 Caravan liftgate weatherstrip is said to work for wagon lift/tailgate replacement. I used a Venture van weatherstrip on mine, as that era Caravans are no longer hitting the yards around here

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I first bought Soffseal for my Monte but it did not fit correctly on my doors so I returned it and bought Metro Supersoft for my car the fit was good and it has been on about 6-7 years now.
I still have the Soffseal trunk seal which works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor