Need Opinions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iowa Rockhauler

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 14, 2023
Ok since I'm getting seriously beat up trying to find body parts for this car.. What is everybody's opinion on this. Is a 1985 Grand Prix classified as a G-Body. Can I use a aftermarket transmission crossmember classified as fitting a " G-Body" fit on this Grand Prix. I know there's somebody that's already gone thru this but I'm still learning!

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area
Ok since I'm getting seriously beat up trying to find body parts for this car.. What is everybody's opinion on this. Is a 1985 Grand Prix classified as a G-Body. Can I use a aftermarket transmission crossmember classified as fitting a " G-Body" fit on this Grand Prix. I know there's somebody that's already gone thru this but I'm still learning!
I bought a g-force Cross member for my Grand Prix from summit. If you want true duel exhaust its the only way to go.

Reactions: 3 users

Iowa Rockhauler

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 14, 2023
I bought a g-force Cross member for my Grand Prix from summit. If you want true duel exhaust its the only way to go.
Finally.. Getting some good news and opinions. I want to run 3 inch with Flowmasters under it but that Grand Prix seems to be a oddball trying to get parts for. Did yours bolt up to the factory holes or did you have to make it work ?

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area
Finally.. Getting some good news and opinions. I want to run 3 inch with Flowmasters under it but that Grand Prix seems to be a oddball trying to get parts for. Did yours bolt up to the factory holes or did you have to make it work ?
Mine bolted right up. Be sure to get the right tail mount for your transmission.

Reactions: 1 users

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area
Did you use the stock mount or get one that's offered with the crossmember. I seen they offered a offset mount. I'm just putting a 350 in it
Off set wouldn't work with My 4 speed. I bought one from summit also but I don't have the part#. When you order your cross member tell them what trans your using and they will tell you the mount you need.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Reactions: 1 user

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Grand Prix should take most G-body parts. Outer Body panels-no they I believe had their own ( OF THIS I COULD BE WRONG) but frames, drive line, floors, electrical mostly the same.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Reactions: 1 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I too am using the Jegs crossmember in my Malibu with a TH350. If I can't get it to work with my TH400 upgrade, I'll be getting rid of it for the Summit version of the G-force crossmember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor