Need serious help on Rusted frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRabbit24

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2012
Tulsa
Okay so I pulled the car apart was going to sand blast and get it powdercoated when I seen the driver side/rear that had some dark red purple rust I poked at it and it was rusted threw.My question is should I get rid of it or go threw and spend 450 dollars to sandblast and get it painted ,or should I keep it cause it won't matter? if anyone knows a alternative I would greatly appreciate it , also my fuel line and brake lines are rusted any help with a link would be great thanks.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
I would think it would be cheaper to find a different frame than to spend $450 on sandblasting, then still need to get new lines plus repair the rust.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
I'd shop around for another sandblaster. You should be able to get it done for half that price.
Depending on the condition of the rest of the frame you could repair the rear.
I have several good rails that have been blasted and could sell 1 or both.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Who in the hell is charging $450 for sandblasting?! I got the entire body of my car blasted for $140 :shock:

jfg69

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 26, 2012
-83MONTESS- said:
I got the entire body of my car blasted for $140 :shock:

I'm thinking I'd like to know where you got that done, lol.. That's a helluva good price!

MrRabbit24

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2012
Tulsa
Well it's pretty bad on one side in the back and go to Google and type LLC performance sand blasting and painted for the frame any color. I found a chassis for 200 primed ready to go but problem it looks bent in the side were the crosmember is at not really bad just a bunp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor