Need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

88cutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 3, 2015
Do 22 in rims on a gbody affect the car in any way? Like with the brakes, handling, turning speed and other things

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
It will worsen every single thing on the car, except looks(if you're into big wheels).

Personally i dont like the look. The way i see it, the gbody car guys are split in two.

There's one part that spends the money on bling bling and big wheels, not caring what it will actually do to the cars handling. They only care about how it will look.

And then there's those guys that try and improve the handling of the vehicle as a whole, or for single purposes like dragracing, autocrossing or a mix of both.

So which one are you?
An improver?
Or an imposter?

Reactions: 1 user

TheHomie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2015
It will depend allot on how big the rims and tires you have now are. And how wide. By going to a 22 from experience in the past I learned it feels different when turning. The tires I had were 305 wide. It got really good traction but I couldn't burn out as easy or often as I wanted to. By feeling different I mean it literally feels like it was skating. Almost like it was on railroad tracks.

jeremyandthemonte is right. It seemed like it didn't want to stop moving. I think this was more mental because anytime the outside diameter increases it affects speed. Just for thought if it takes 4 turns of the rotor to stop your vehicle and you have tires that have a circumference of 4 feet it will take 16ft to stop. If the tires increase to 4.5 feet circumference and same amount of turns will equal 18 feet. In both of those the brake contacted the rotor the same amount of time. Giving the illusion of not wanting to stop. :mrgreen:Hope that makes sense....:oops:

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor