Need some G body experience help assessing the price of this car

Trader history for azmusclecar (0)

azmusclecar

azmusclecar

Master Mechanic
Feb 13, 2018
Arizona
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/6754031309.html

This car has been for sale for about 2 months.......it's a good drive for me to go see it but I'm willing to go
if the car is priced right.

Once again limited info. I have been asking the seller for more and more info and it comes slowly.

I have been traveling for months looking at cars that have undisclosed issues only to find when I inspect them
the truth comes out. By then I am sorry I made the journey.

This one has a soft driver's floor. I blew up the pics as large as I could looking at everything I can see. A/C
is not hooked up. No speedometer cable, not sure of rear gear, not sure of tire size, I've asked.

Just give me an idea of a good offer on this with what you see, I know my budget and my skills and don't want
to jump in to the water before I see it's filled with gators. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, the hope to be G body owner someday...........AZ.

83StreetMachine

83StreetMachine

Apprentice
Dec 16, 2011
Central NJ
If I were you and lived in AZ, I'd wait for one that not rotted

Ribbedroof

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Here's my input

The price isn't horrible. These are getting harder to find, at least within 400 miles of me. It all kind of depends on what your intended use is. I prefer to buy original paint relatively unmodified cars, but that's quickly becoming impossible. Asking prices have gone nuts in the last 5 years, a quick look at ebay and CL says a lot of people seem to think they're sitting on a 70 Chevelle in disguise.

The floor would be the only major sticking point for me. Kind of wonder if it was a snowbird car that got left in AZ, rather than a local car. It looks almost exactly like my second coupe aside from maroon interior rather than navy.

In my mind, it's a $2500 car without the wheels, but the reality is that you really can't buy them for that anymore...probably $5K tops as it sits IF the floor isn't gaping. I do not buy stuff that needs major floor work, it's just something I think is never really well done without using a single piece floor (preferably from a donor). Even then. few run-of-the-mill G bodies are worth that much effort to me.

I know it's hard to do, but I try to expect the worst, and that the seller doesn't know squat about what they're selling when I go look. I'm seldom wrong when I get there. Also why I really don't go far any more to look at stuff...getting too old for all the goose chases.

Turbo Zach

Turbo Zach

Royal Smart Person
Sep 8, 2015
First I would make the seller take pictures of the under side of the car and send them to you before waisting your time. Second that car would be worth 3000 or less in Iowa. Good luck!

azmusclecar

azmusclecar

Master Mechanic
Feb 13, 2018
Arizona
So far lots of good opinions and ideas. I swear trying to get pics and just info from sellers anymore is like
pulling hens teeth. 5 pics on CGs List and they feel the rest is unimportant. I downloaded what I've seen
and then zoom in to see things liek the A pillar plastic interior pieces is quite chopped or broken.

I don't expect a complete dosya on the car but really, I am so frustrated trying to find anything decent and
yes the G bodies here in AZ are nice if they're rust free, but they've been ridden hard and put away wet.

My offering price keeps dropping the less info I get. This area in AZ is quite out of the way so to speak so
the traffic this car will draw is quite minimal. I know because I tried to sell a 1966 Pontiac here in the town
of 15000 and not one bite.............not even inquiry.

So, I would think this seller would be promoting this car to me, who's willing to make the trip, and maybe close
a deal. After 2 months on CGs List............how bad do you want to sell the car???????

Maybe it's just me..........and of course Barrett Jackson Fever is in the Valley of the Sun this month...........which doesn't
play well for any buyers looking for a decent bargain.

Okay who has the cheese since I supplied all the whine?????????????????????

O

oldsmobile joe

G-Body Guru
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
its possible his wife has been nagging him to sell it. so he placed it on CL at a high price, but ignores potential buyers. he gets to keep the car all the while appearing to do as his wife asks. gee who hasn't done or at least thought of it.

azmusclecar

azmusclecar

Master Mechanic
Feb 13, 2018
Arizona
azmusclecar

azmusclecar

Master Mechanic
Feb 13, 2018
Arizona
its possible his wife has been nagging him to sell it. so he placed it on CL at a high price, but ignores potential buyers. he gets to keep the car all the while appearing to do as his wife asks. gee who hasn't done or at least thought of it.
Now you KNOW....that never happens............:rofl:

1evilregal

1evilregal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
looks nice, but not $6K nice....

worn seat, faded door panel carpet, solid bench, what's under the dash cover?, etc... I think Ribbedroof hit pretty close to what it's really worth...

Ribbedroof

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I sure wish i was where all these cheap Malibus are. I can buy Cutlass/Regals all day , but Malibus are pretty few and far between.

Have you guys seen what people are asking for nice ones?

I'm not saying i think it's worth 6K, but it's not a $2500 car anywhere in today's market...if I'm wrong, please send me links to running driving one-color V8 Malibu coupes for $2500.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes P-S-T Southside Machine Performance UMI Performance

contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor

copyright ©2018 Ripp Technical Services, All Rights Reserved.