Need some G body experience help assessing the price of this car

Trader history for azmusclecar (0)

azmusclecar

azmusclecar

Greasemonkey
Feb 13, 2018
Arizona
Well I got the pic of the driver's side floor.........not pretty. There's a crack or split that runs across the floor separating it
into two pieces like front and back. I can see why the seller said "it is soft". I'm not a metal expert and can't imagine
why that floor split like that. But it will definitely need addressed probably professionally and I run out of skills quickly
metal fabbing.

Seller doesn't know what gears are in the rear..............they're highway friendly. That can mean a lot of different things.
Highways here in AZ are posted 75 so running 80 verses a highway marked 65 makes a difference.

Maybe I sound like I'm trying to talk myself out of the car rather than in to it. I just need to be fair TO MYSELF and stop
buying poor choices and then end up so far upside down in cars that I end up selling them for pennies on the dollar.

With this being my first adventure of interest into the G Body world, and all it's inherent pitfalls, I'm just not sure if I
should stay with my generational knowledge of the 60s muscle cars which are now ridculously priced or try to move
into the G Body market and learn the hard way.

I'm not out to MAKE MONEY from a car but the reality is............at almost 70 years young, I need to be realistic about what
to do here with my limited funds and time and talents.

The funny thing is I have sellers contacting me regarding these 3 cars:
1971 Olds Cutlass (pretty much all original) for $12K
1995 Mustang GTS (nicely built) for $7K
and this
1980 Malibu who is now at $5K his lowest price.

My major goal was to find a RUST FREE car.......I could modify to my tastes.

Right now........the Cutlass would lose value modifying.
The Mustang is already done and modified with sound performance parts
and then there's the Malibu which has it's issues.

Still waiting for a sign from the heavens here...........:unsure:

lilbowtie

lilbowtie

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Maybe I sound like I'm trying to talk myself out of the car rather than in to it. I just need to be fair TO MYSELF and stop
buying poor choices and then end up so far upside down in cars that I end up selling them for pennies on the dollar.
I was a no buyer early in your post. When a person doesn't respond to me in a timely manner it's a no no for me. I've sold a few really nice G's and haven't got near his asking price. At that money don't make exceptions - You know what you want - YOU WILL FIND IT !!

azmusclecar

azmusclecar

Greasemonkey
Feb 13, 2018
Arizona
I was a no buyer early in your post. When a person doesn't respond to me in a timely manner it's a no no for me. I've sold a few really nice G's and haven't got near his asking price. At that money don't make exceptions - You know what you want - YOU WILL FIND IT !!
Thanks for the advice..............that's what I posted this thread for and it's beginning to make sense...........

azmusclecar

azmusclecar

Greasemonkey
Feb 13, 2018
Arizona
what part of AZ you in?
I have a home in Tucson and Payson. Spend most of my time in Payson in the mountains...............
I've been to Safford once or twice........

azmusclecar

azmusclecar

Greasemonkey
Feb 13, 2018
Arizona
Gwarren79

Gwarren79

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2018
Safford, AZ
Thats a purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdee wagon you have there.............
Unfortunately , not mine. Just a photo off the internet. Mines a lot rougher, but hey, you have to start somewhere.

azmusclecar

azmusclecar

Greasemonkey
Feb 13, 2018
Arizona
Unfortunately , not mine. Just a photo off the internet. Mines a lot rougher, but hey, you have to start somewhere.
I applaude:banana::banana::banana::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:(y)(y)(y)YOUR HONESTY.............most would have just taken the compliment ...and rolled on. Bravo.

Gonzo1970

Gonzo1970

Greasemonkey
Supporting Member
Sep 30, 2018
A Malibu the only G-Body you're after?

There are a couple really decent Grand Prix's around here...

-Gonz

azmusclecar

azmusclecar

Greasemonkey
Feb 13, 2018
Arizona
A Malibu the only G-Body you're after?

There are a couple really decent Grand Prix's around here...

-Gonz
And just where is "around here" at???????????? My ultimate find is a 4 speed 1978 Grand AM but I'm not sure I have enough
years left on earth to find that nugget of gold. I don't have an exact need to find the exact car. I can usually tell if I immediately
like or dislike a car on first glance.
Stance and appearance and color always play in to my decision.
So........I did call the seller of the Malibu and told him I was not comfortable to spend $5K for a car that has rust issues when the
last car I sold had it's own rust issues and it took quite a bit to sell it. I keep telling myself NO MORE RUST!!
and yet here I am chasing the rabbit down the hole..............because you sometimes feel you will never find THAT CAR.

SO.....my foot is off the accelerator and now I'm coasting looking once again for that gem hidden among the rubble of G bodies.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes P-S-T Southside Machine Performance UMI Performance

contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor

copyright ©2018 Ripp Technical Services, All Rights Reserved.