Need some help on Blazer spindles with LS1 front brakes

Q

qnitro

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 1, 2017
Im doing a Blazer conversion on my 86 GN, but heres the difference, I have a set of Baer T4 front brakes, for a 1998 Camaro.. I was going to put on a camaro I was running for a while, well sold the Camaro, bought my GN and now I want to make them work on My GN. If I do the Blazer spindles, is there an adapter?? What about just keep the stock spindle and dropping an adapter on them?

Thanks for any help

Kevin

jlcustomz

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Kevin , there are several threads on here about the subject, but things can be a little confusing. Not sure right off what variables in mounting the baer t-4's may present of any, but basically 2 methods for mounting 98 to 02 camaro calipers & rotors.
Doing a spindle swap to the 2wd blazer spindles with the sealed bearing hubs, you bolt on a steel plate adapter to spindle , then bolt the camaro abutement bracket to it . Can make bracket off internet pics or buy one from places such as core 3.

Other older cheaper method is modifying original spindles & making or buying hubs and making or buying bracket. Very recent thread here by 81 cutlass, so I don't need to explain it..
Both methods require a little brake line modification.
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/ls1-front-brakes-on-g-body-spindle.69674/

Q

qnitro

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 1, 2017
Kevin , there are several threads on here about the subject, but things can be a little confusing. Not sure right off what variables in mounting the baer t-4's may present of any, but basically 2 methods for mounting 98 to 02 camaro calipers & rotors.
Doing a spindle swap to the 2wd blazer spindles with the sealed bearing hubs, you bolt on a steel plate adapter to spindle , then bolt the camaro abutement bracket to it . Can make bracket off internet pics or buy one from places such as core 3.

Other older cheaper method is modifying original spindles & making or buying hubs and making or buying bracket. Very recent thread here by 81 cutlass, so I don't need to explain it..
Both methods require a little brake line modification.
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/ls1-front-brakes-on-g-body-spindle.69674/

Q

qnitro

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 1, 2017
Thanks... Spoke to the folks at flynby... I think I have a solution.. keeping the stock spindles, adding there LS brake bracket

R

REGAL8r

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 7, 2017
Get you the zq8’s and buy the kore3/flynbye adapters.tooooo easy.

Q

qnitro

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 1, 2017
Talked to Tobin at Kore3, wont work with Blazer spindles, as the Baer T4's are bigger with the radial mounted caliper, So I bought the adapter from FlynBy performance, bought some Hubs for the C6 rotors, and got some spindles all for 450 bucks... So I can run my T4 again

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi867.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fab237%2Fqnitro%2FGrand%2520National%2F5AC1048E-9F09-4DA4-BE30-00FDEA901BE8_zpsvz80kvfn.jpg&hash=b574a4e7791df6f4f07625969edd7d91

Get you the zq8’s and buy the kore3/flynbye adapters.tooooo easy.