Need some help on Blazer spindles with LS1 front brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

qnitro

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 1, 2017
Im doing a Blazer conversion on my 86 GN, but heres the difference, I have a set of Baer T4 front brakes, for a 1998 Camaro.. I was going to put on a camaro I was running for a while, well sold the Camaro, bought my GN and now I want to make them work on My GN. If I do the Blazer spindles, is there an adapter?? What about just keep the stock spindle and dropping an adapter on them?

Thanks for any help

Kevin

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Kevin , there are several threads on here about the subject, but things can be a little confusing. Not sure right off what variables in mounting the baer t-4's may present of any, but basically 2 methods for mounting 98 to 02 camaro calipers & rotors.
Doing a spindle swap to the 2wd blazer spindles with the sealed bearing hubs, you bolt on a steel plate adapter to spindle , then bolt the camaro abutement bracket to it . Can make bracket off internet pics or buy one from places such as core 3.

Other older cheaper method is modifying original spindles & making or buying hubs and making or buying bracket. Very recent thread here by 81 cutlass, so I don't need to explain it..
Both methods require a little brake line modification.
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/ls1-front-brakes-on-g-body-spindle.69674/

qnitro

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 1, 2017
Kevin , there are several threads on here about the subject, but things can be a little confusing. Not sure right off what variables in mounting the baer t-4's may present of any, but basically 2 methods for mounting 98 to 02 camaro calipers & rotors.
Doing a spindle swap to the 2wd blazer spindles with the sealed bearing hubs, you bolt on a steel plate adapter to spindle , then bolt the camaro abutement bracket to it . Can make bracket off internet pics or buy one from places such as core 3.

Other older cheaper method is modifying original spindles & making or buying hubs and making or buying bracket. Very recent thread here by 81 cutlass, so I don't need to explain it..
Both methods require a little brake line modification.
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/ls1-front-brakes-on-g-body-spindle.69674/

qnitro

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 1, 2017
Thanks... Spoke to the folks at flynby... I think I have a solution.. keeping the stock spindles, adding there LS brake bracket

qnitro

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 1, 2017
Talked to Tobin at Kore3, wont work with Blazer spindles, as the Baer T4's are bigger with the radial mounted caliper, So I bought the adapter from FlynBy performance, bought some Hubs for the C6 rotors, and got some spindles all for 450 bucks... So I can run my T4 again

Get you the zq8’s and buy the kore3/flynbye adapters.tooooo easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor