Need some help with my window felts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDR89

Apprentice
Jul 25, 2020
Manassas, VA
Hi Guys,

I need new felts and whatever else is needed for the doors/windows. The felts are totally gone, the window rattles around when down. What elst do I need? I see it has the external chrome strip. Do I need anything but the felts a I see the remains of a rubber strip against the window. What is this called??

Thank you

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Just get inner and outer, specific for your car. The outer one is rubbery to act as a squeegee

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area
The rubber strip is called beltline moulding and the felt are window sweeps. I bought mine from a company called Convertible Top Specialties. They have an eBay store.

80/MALIBU/COUPE

Greasemonkey
Feb 17, 2021
TUCSON AZ
Hi Guys,

I need new felts and whatever else is needed for the doors/windows. The felts are totally gone, the window rattles around when down. What elst do I need? I see it has the external chrome strip. Do I need anything but the felts a I see the remains of a rubber strip against the window. What is this called??

Thank you
Im doing the same on my Malibu i bought the 6pc felt strip kit from OPGI.COM and the kit does the
outers with the chrome strip, riveted on i believe to the door skin
inners which is attached "riveted" to the inner upper door panel and my kit 6pc Malibu coupe kit came with the
outer quarter glass ones with chrome strip
which i was wondering why 6pcs until i figured it out.

there is also 2 adjusters on the door that have/ should have thick felt to guide and hold the window during operation
thats what i have figured out
a few plastic guides aswell im looking for them aswell but those are once the window is fully up
hopefully another member can help aswell ..

Scoot-71

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2018
Rio WI
you can find the parts you need at GBF sponsors stores, you also may need the anti rattle kit for your windows.

Scoot-71

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2018
Rio WI
you have a link or any recommendations ?
at the bottom of the forum home page are sponsored stores, click on them and you will go to their website, brows around, do a price comparison, some offer better pricing on the same items.

Reactions: 1 user

Cuse99

Master Mechanic
Dec 21, 2020
I got mine from Gbodyparts.com and there are some good video's on youtube. Not too hard. The brand I got is Precision Replacement Parts. Sometimes these are called a belt line, but sometimes referred to as window sweeps. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor