Need some help with rear window trim studs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I'd really like to install the studs prior to paint. I just don't know exact locations because mine is a converted vinyl to hard top. Do they go dead center of the channel or ? I've searched everywhere for this information. The only thing I can find is this diagram for A bodies.
Slide2.JPG

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Wondering the same thing. Also I'm guessing the window has to come out.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I'd really like to install the studs prior to paint. I just don't know exact locations because mine is a converted vinyl to hard top. Do they go dead center of the channel or ? I've searched everywhere for this information. The only thing I can find is this diagram for A bodies. View attachment 204968
When I get the chance on a non-rainy/mosquito filled day I will eventually be able to snap a pic for you off the parts car.

If nobody else does first

• Winner

GrandPrixGuy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 18, 2022
When I get the chance on a non-rainy/mosquito filled day I will eventually be able to snap a pic for you off the parts car.

If nobody else does first
I'd really like to install the studs prior to paint. I just don't know exact locations because mine is a converted vinyl to hard top. Do they go dead center of the channel or ? I've searched everywhere for this information. The only thing I can find is this diagram for A bodies. they
I'd really like to install the studs prior to paint. I just don't know exact locations because mine is a converted vinyl to hard top. Do they go dead center of the channel or ? I've searched everywhere for this information. The only thing I can find is this diagram for A bodies. View attachment 204968
yes, they should be centered on the upper trunk panel as well as around the window so theres room for the clips

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You asked about this a couple months ago in another thread. And yeah, I don't know how deep they go into the channel, but the number of studs needed are correct. Post #8.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hopefully Rktpwrd sees this. He had to add them on Olds Cool so I'm sure he has decent pics of it.
Rktpwrd has seen this, but unfortunately he’s still at work, just taking a quick smoke break and would have to search for it on Olds Cool’s thread just the same as y’all. I don’t recall if I took pictures of that process TBH.

I will ask this tho, are you planning on attaching the clips to sheet metal screws, or the proper studs you weld on with a stud gun? Either way, I believe they’re just centered in the channel. If you’re attaching them with a stud gun, you’ll be limited by the nose of the gun as to how close to center you can get, which is why I’m asking.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor