Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

1986montecarlols

Master Mechanic
Apr 4, 2008
As you guys know i posted on here about a week, someone reccomended a counsler. I was being 100% truthful too. Anyway my conditions have worsened. I work full time, so does my brother, and my mom is now home from the nursing home. Neither of us are able to commit to taking care of her 24/7 around the clock.

My uncle has moved in with us, her brother whos quite a heavy drinker but an all around nice guy. He never graduated and quit his job after 5 years so now this is his job of taking care of her. I originally had planned to do this job of taking care of my mom for a few years a year at least. But soon after now a week since she has been home i realize just how much more difficult it is.

Maybe some people are able to clean crappy diapers or pissy diapers, sheets that sorts of matters but i am not one of those types. My uncle does it, in fact today we were changing her and going to put her into the tub and she has like 2 pounds of sh*t on her which ended up in the tub. It was way more then i could handle and this is why i decided i cant be her long time care giver.

I told my uncle this, and my brother, both are no extremely mad at me as ive explained we should have a CNA come in for 5 hours each day to help out and take my place. I would even pay for part of the job, and the $200 i was being paid to do my share could be used to help this new person instead.

BUt heres the problem, now my brother says if im not helping out my mom then i need to pay rent or get out. When im full entertaining the idea of helping pay for a CNA to come in. I am unable to do this job because i already am working ful time for the summer, in the fall ill be back in school for my final year before graduate school when ill have no time to be her care giver. Guys I need some advice if you have some. DO i pay some rent, or pay the full cost of a CNA or do i just move out and try to get my own life straigtened out. My brother said he wont even help pay the cost of a CNA as it should be my responsiblity to take care of mom since i made that decision a while ago, im sorry to bother you guys with this question, my dad passed away 4 month ago, and my mom cant walk or talk because of several stroke.s Further more my brother wont even pay for part of the CNA cost which leaves me dumbfounded on top of it all he wants me to pay rent.

I am unable to undestand this, my uncle and him are basically ganging up on me, I love my mom but doing things like wiping her behind, and bathing her are out of my league regardless of what some people are capable of doing, we are not all the same. Can you all try and give me some advice please, id appreciate it thanks

1986montecarlols

Master Mechanic
Apr 4, 2008
My brother has power of attorney over my mom too as i said he could have it. Now hes telling me that i either pay rent in our house becuase im not taking care of her like my uncle is or i leave. Its funny as we were talking about power of attorney, we both agreed we would use my moms bank account to buy groceries, pay bills, and what not just as my dad had done it before he died. But now that my bro has it he changed his ideas and says no we are going to save the money in her account for emergencies only. You nate are going to pay your way or its the highway. Yet when my mom was able and talking many times over she told me i could live in her house as long as i went to school and worked. So whats the deal anyway? Can my brother even legally kick me out anyway? I dont see how as the house doesnt even belong to him. Any idea anyone, I just feel odd using my own money wile my moms account was supposed to be used for the house supplies and what not. NOt only this, today i go to grab some food and my uncle is like oh no you cant eat any of this food till you pitch in, as me your and bro bought this food. Guys can ya give me advice please as to what to do, Should i just get out of here and find somewhere else or pay the measly 250 a month tye both want and then move to a dorm as im pell and grant reciever now, advce would be nice id appreciate it thanks

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
hey, I just stumbled on this thread...
unfortunately, I can't give any advice

but I can say I relate in your feelings about caring for a person in that condition. Our family has been dealing with many illments recently, from my grandma's recent stroke, to my uncle's body shutting down from Parkinsons...

And I'm always left with a donting thought... How will I step in to take care of my loved ones when it's time? They raised me, cleaned me, delt with diapers, the late nights... shouldn't I be able to do the same?

... it's really tough,

I don't really know what to say, except "hang in there..."

You obviously care about your mother very much, but you're torn over not being able to care for her. If you're in school, this is the last thing you want to be dealing with... You should move out and rent from another place, this will clear your mind and help you focus on your studies.
and if you can afford it, contribute some cash to hire a CNA... this way you'll be able to contribute to your mother's care and it might ease things off your mind...

... just my $0.02

hope you get thru this troubled time... best wishes

regards,
khan0165

1986montecarlols

Master Mechanic
Apr 4, 2008
Yeah times are really rough right now, i just got done seeing my counsler actually, never thought id have to go see one of them. Things are so weird, my brother and uncle and cousin who are all heavy drinkers dont wanna hire in a nurse for fear that they will steal something although I think its more becuase they dont want them to see them drinking, smoking pot, and all the other things that htey see them doing.

Meanwhile, we got like 3090 dollars coming in a month for my moms social security, dads pension, and well i dont understand why they dont wanna use it. But quite frankly my brother always uses to his defense that its up to us to take care of our mom not some random person who never seen her before. Well my counsler is with you buddy, he thinks I should save up money and get out of dodge as well but still visit which is what i am going to do most likely. I appreciate hte advice,

Right now im not sure what my brothers intentions are iwth the money i know he wants me evicted for not helping, yet he wont except any money from me and well jsut wants me to help out but i cant bring my self to do the things they are doing. Anyway though thanks for reading. '

Nate

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor