need some pics on how everyone mounted there trans koolers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
some of you guys are really amazing, dismantling your car so you can get some good shots on how your cooler is mounted is more than most of us would do......:popcorn:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
some of you guys are really amazing, dismantling your car so you can get some good shots on how your cooler is mounted is more than most of us would do......:popcorn:
It's what we do for each other on here,it's only gonna take me three days to get the nose back on..gonna need more popcorn.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

dfast1

Apprentice
Sep 24, 2018
not too clear but hopefully you get the picture
DSC_0168.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Aftermarket trans cooler and GMC factory oil cooler. I should have gotten a foctory trans cooler but couldn't find a good one in the junkyard!

Attachments

• Coolers  Oil (GM) (7).JPG
    Coolers Oil (GM) (7).JPG
    674.1 KB · Views: 151

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
GM Factory pick-up oil cooler and aftermarket (Hayden) Trans cooler. Wanted a GM Trans cooler but couldn't find a good on in the junk yard. Still looking.
Coolers  Oil (GM) (7).JPG

transman

Apprentice
May 17, 2015
Western Canada
GM Factory pick-up oil cooler and aftermarket (Hayden) Trans cooler. Wanted a GM Trans cooler but couldn't find a good on in the junk yard. Still looking. View attachment 118869
GM coolers made by Tru-Cool. Same for the F.O.R.D. & Mopar fraternity. Also sold under the B &M label and many others. They're a true rad type cooler and the most effective kind of cooler. They came with both push on style connections or threaded connections.

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
i was always told from the guy's in the know that the best way to mount a trans cooler is with in and out on top like a radiator. second best was side ways. they told me it's a radiator and you never see a radiator mounted with inlet and outlet side ways. sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get them mounted in a confined area though. seems like the stacked plate design is a little smaller and still has capacity that the larger tube and fin have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor