need to find a part, need some help identify

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvngded

Apprentice
Feb 14, 2009
Chicago
Hey guys,
So I broke my headlight knob and don't know what the part is called and therfore don't know what to hunt for. It's the little clip that hols the housing to the dash so you can push / pull the knob without moving the whole unit. Anyone know what the part is I am looking for is called, or where to look for one on the sorta cheap?

455rocket

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2011
PA
Not bolted in? Whats your car?

lvngded

Apprentice
Feb 14, 2009
Chicago
Sorry about that. It's a Grand Prix. And I had a moment of aggression and pushed in the knob sorta hard and now I can pull it out just fine. But when I go to push it in, it slides the whole unit in and doesn't turn off the lights. I have to reach under my dash and hold what feels like fat plastic cigar, and then push in the knob. I've never had the dash out on one of these so I have no idea what holds the unit in place to begin with, so I have no idea what I'm looking for. I didn't see any thing broken when I crawled under the dash so maybe the piece broke and fell out of the car or rolled under the seat to keep my daughters fossil-fries company.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Yeah these housings on the swich tend to break after oh say 25 or so years :mrgreen: i have a switch just taking up space so shoot me your shipping adress and its yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor