Need to find bumper impact strip

Status
Not open for further replies.

83 Malibu Wagon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 20, 2019
Hey,
I have a beautiful '83 Malibu wagon. It has the front bumper with impact strips and bumper guards. That means the impact strip is in three parts, left, right and center. Left and right are identical. But, I did a stupid thing. Believing I had adequate room I "touched" my very sturdy square steel mail box post on its edge with the left corner of the front bumper and the impact strip tore. I'm usually sucessful in finding what I need on the Internet, but I've looked high and low and can find neither a new, replacement or used impact strip. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
How about an intro and some pics of your ride so we can properly welcome you to the family. :)
I'll check out my old crash guide and see if I can find some parts #'s.

83 Malibu Wagon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 20, 2019
I'm a long-time car enthusiast but until very recently all European sports cars. But my first new car ever was a '69 Buick Skylark Custom Coupe and so a couple of years ago I found one and turned it into a very nice ride. Picture attached. Liked it so much when I needed a station wagon for another hobby I have, radio control model airplanes, I looked for and found this cool Malibu. The previous owner is responsible of most of the nice work but I intend to make some performance improvements at a leisurely pace.

IMG_3458.jpeg IMG_2793.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard and thank you for sharing pics of your beautiful rides. I've always been a fan of all year Buick Skylarks and GS'. Your wagon is sweet, too and I gotta say, I'm a huge fan of the American Salt flat wheels. The colors of both cars are very pleasing.

What type of European cars were you into?

I'll see if I can find that part#. You never know who might happen to have an NOS bumper strip out there.

83 Malibu Wagon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 20, 2019
Currently I own a Porsche Panamera and Triumph TR6. I recently sold my Jaguar XJ6 and the best car I ever built, a 1959 Austin Healy Sprite. The Sprite was just too small to get in and out of at my age. DSC06200.jpeg IMG_2507.jpeg DSC01681.jpg DSC01689.jpg IMG_3240.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Nice fleet of cars. I always liked the bug eye Sprite. Yours looks cool with the Minilite wheels, etc. What's in it, a 1275? Nice TR6, too.
One of my first cars was a Triumph Spitfire. I had two MGA's. I owned a Porsche 914, 912, and a 356, which I currently still own. Also owned a bunch of VW's of various types. The Jags are nice cruisers. An old friend owned an XJS coupe with a Buick 455 in it. Nice highway car.

Last edited:

83 Malibu Wagon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 20, 2019
I’m pushing 80 and a list of all the great cars I’ve owned would include several I wish I had never sold. Glad you keep your 356. I’ve owned a 914 and two different 968’s, a coupe and a cab.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Here's the number I was able to find for the left front impact strip. #14006599 The right side is different. #14006600. The strip without guards is#467457, which is the full strip with no breaks. You can try doing a search on the part # to see what comes up....or try this site. https://www.partsvoice.com/
As for cars, there's always the ones that we wish we never parted with.

Good to have you aboard.

83 Malibu Wagon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 20, 2019
I really appreciate your finding the part numbers for me. I should be able to find what I need now.
I'll let you know when I find one. Thanks again for your welcome and help.

83 Malibu Wagon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 20, 2019
I continue to wrestle with finding the proper part number for the bumper impact strip described above. I'm hoping Longroof 79 can confirm what I've discovered. I'm 99% sure that # 472145 is the proper part number for both the R or L side. If so, I have found one but they want an arm and leg for it and the 1% makes me hesitant to pull the trigger. Is there any way you can verify it's really the correct part number. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor