Need to find bumper impact strip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I noticed (and remembered) this For Sale ad. It looks like he has the type of bumper strip) you're looking for on the El Camino parts car that he recently picked up.
If he can get the strip off without ruining it, that might be your answer right there.
His name is Dana and he's a good guy. Give him a shout. Tell him (Longroof) Jack referred you to him.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I continue to wrestle with finding the proper part number for the bumper impact strip described above. I'm hoping Longroof 79 can confirm what I've discovered. I'm 99% sure that # 472145 is the proper part number for both the R or L side. If so, I have found one but they want an arm and leg for it and the 1% makes me hesitant to pull the trigger. Is there any way you can verify it's really the correct part number. Thanks
My crash book, although old, indicates a different part# per side. The numbers that you're showing could be superseded. I'll try to look a little further.
I'm not surprised that they want your first born for some NOS parts. There's a lot of gougers out there...be careful.

Reactions: 1 user

83 Malibu Wagon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 20, 2019
This is the seller I found. I'm now confident this is the correct part and am going to go pull the trigger - it's got to be the correct part. Thanks everyone for the help.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
This is the seller I found. I'm now confident this is the correct part and am going to go pull the trigger - it's got to be the correct part. Thanks everyone for the help.
Good luck! Although the part sounds a bit exorbitant, especially the shipping...I hope it works out for you.

83 Malibu Wagon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 20, 2019
Fortunately the seller is only about 20 miles south of me and I'm going to drive down Thursday and pickup the part. No shipping !!!

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Fortunately the seller is only about 20 miles south of me and I'm going to drive down Thursday and pickup the part. No shipping !!!
Now, that helps sweeten the deal. At least you'll be able to see the part first hand and handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor