Neil Peart has died.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Perhaps the greatest rock drummer and lyricist of all time has passed away Tuesday after a 3 year battle with brain cancer at age 67. Rush reinvigorated my love for music and pushed me to learn how to play the guitar. Freshman year highschool computer class was exactly as long as Moving Pictures, so that's what I did that whole semester every day.

RIP.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Sad day for sure

• Agree

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
May be in poor taste, but Rush were big South Park fans. And they were in the episode this screenshot is from.
ucw01zlezisz.jpg

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I've never liked rush - they easily got on my nerves, and, always made me want to change the channel whenever they came on.

That said, there's no need to enjoy/appreciate the final product of a piece of art to admit a talent was lost, and the world tomorrow is a little less colorful and vibrant than it was (Except people who draw a tiny dot on a canvas and call it art, or similar such idiocy, they're no loss of talent)

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Not my all time favorite band, but can't deny their musicianship.
Things like this do make us feel older. So many young people always can't wait for Friday to come , or whatever. I tell them you gotta quit doing that sh*t , time will get past you & you'll be old before you know it. Life's short, what's the RUSH. ? Pun intended.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I also was not a fan. Although I wouldn’t change the channel when they’re songs came on. If I remember correctly, weren’t they recently inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame? As far as best drummer, I’ll agree to disagree.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I also was not a fan. Although I wouldn’t change the channel when they’re songs came on. If I remember correctly, weren’t they recently inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame? As far as best drummer, I’ll agree to disagree.
2013. At least they got that in before one of em died. Were inducted by Dave Grohl from Nirvana/Foo Fighters.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor