Neutral safety switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Since it seems that you will be putting possibly two switches on the stock shifter mechanism (reverse lights and NSS), make sure you use a relay for each as tiny switches usually won't be able to handle the current for reverse lights. Same for neutral lockout. Ask me how I know this...;)

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

LLucast80

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 7, 2018
Two great ideas. Thank you. I will also look at doing the same thing, except mounted to the transmission.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I'd put a relay on it, but, yeah purple.
Why? It shouldn't carry squat for load. It has to activate a starter solenoid for less than 5 seconds.

Junior's junk has ran it through that microswitch without issue. The switch is a 15 amp rated switch.

I understand if it's for the reason of 'safety' only.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
The starter wire is 10/12ga for a reason. Just sayin'- overkill FYW. BTW,I have to rig up a clutch/starter safety for DW. Glad I found out the 2 step is useless, now I can use the magnetic switch for that.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor