never use richmond gear again

Status
Not open for further replies.

onebadasscutlass

Greasemonkey
Jun 30, 2011
detriot, michigan
I recently brought a richmond ring and pinion (sportsman) from summit for my cutlass well when I received the part it Was already open and very dirty plus it had the word excel stamped of the backside of the gear. I payed for a sportsman gear so I call and send it back thinking someone made a mistake. We are all humans so I didn't get too upset about it. They exchanged it and sent a new one. Well I get it this morning and tho its brand new and clean it still had the excel stamped on the back. At this time I'm starting to get upset. I called richmond and talk to a tech and asked him what the issue was and they said that there pretty much the same gear... he said there just marketed different so I ask him if it the same gear why is the price different. Yeah, he was speechless! So I contacted richmond customer service but no word back yet. Has anybody else had this problem with them. I always thought they were a great gear that's been around for awhile. I'm very disappointed

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
that's BS, send them back and check out US Gear. The US gears will incvlude with a picture of the pattern of the gears you received like every set should be delivered with. US gear will even give you the pinion depth to achieve the pattern and they make their gears in the US..

http://www.usgear.com/aftermarket.php

crotchss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2010
Kearney, Nebraska
The Detroit Locker is a differential carrier. onebadasscutlass is talking about ring and pinion gear sets.

onebadasscutlass

Greasemonkey
Jun 30, 2011
detriot, michigan
It just make me mad when you don't get what you pay for! Its sad how company's are now days they could careless about you our business with them. That's probably what made them go out of business in the first place. the guy from summit said motive brought them out. I looked at a couple different gear suppliers and strange what made by motive too all that was left was all-star with looked cheap and Yukon with was way out of my price range. I didn't see us gear. But at this point I'm gonna chuck it up as a loss and just put the gear in and see what happens. I just won't EVER do business or recommend them to anybody ever!

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
If you really ordered the sportsman and they sent you the excel, I would call Summit again. They are good about handling things like this. Since you already had them reship it once and you still got the excel again, I would ask for a credit of the difference.

onebadasscutlass

Greasemonkey
Jun 30, 2011
detriot, michigan
Yeah, but I'm doubtful they well credit any thing on my word. I contacted richmond earlier today but I have heard nothing back from customer service

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
onebadasscutlass said:
Yeah, but I'm doubtful they well credit any thing on my word. I contacted richmond earlier today but I have heard nothing back from customer service
Summit is good for making things right. I got $150 off of a dented cowl hood I got through them. They didnt even ask for pictures or any proof. Call them and explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor