Not open for further replies.

adhingra

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 28, 2019
Nashua, NH
Greetings! Here's my (new to me!) 83 HO which I scored last week:

83hurst.jpg

VEHICLE HISTORY:
Dealership: Berejik Olds: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Berejik-Motors/164364203582258 (Huge performance shop / racing pedigree from back in the day run by George Berejik)
1st owner: Owned from 1983 to 1987
2nd owner: Owned from 1987 to 2019
3rd owner: Purchased July 2019 with 63,516 miles.

GENERAL CONDITION:
Garage kept, fair weather driver only for its whole life. Sold from Berejik Olds, Needham MA. Dealer badge still in great shape! Solid body, frame, mechanically good condition. Was insured and inspected when I purchased it, so I was able to fully test drive it and take it for a high speed tune up. :) -- T Tops will need further investigation. Paint is pretty decent! Top is oxidized, hoping M7 may cut that out so it's good enough. Some dings, one dent in driver's door. Front bumper rash, hood scoop needs paint. Most other things are wear and tear, TLC types of items

I've lusted after one of these for over 30 years! It is a birthday present to myself (got a BIG one coming up ... lol!!) and I still can't believe it's a reality. Last fun car I had was a 70 Chevelle clone in the late 80's. Nice to be back, so to speak! It's been too long.

I'll start the laundry list of all the things I currently know of. I just joined this forum and have been primarily lurking, knowing I would be getting a vehicle soon! Please let me know if there's a more appropriate place in the forum to put this.

Needless to say ... I AM PSYCHED! THE OBSESSION BEGINS! :LOL:

STUFF TO DO(roughly in order):
  • radiator
  • exhaust
  • front shocks
  • drivers window motor
  • full tune, lube, oil
  • smoke removal (prior owner was heavy smoker)
---- ^^^ Once I finish this stuff I can drive it comfortably!
  • New window sweeps
  • Fix / troubleshoot aftermarket Alpine
  • T Top investigation / project. kinda scary to start looking in here. Gaskets are toast, the front rails seem pretty rusty. More info to come
  • Interior burn hole repair (none are super big, however lots of tiny burns the more you look around)
  • Dentless paint repair for drivers door?
  • Paint and reglue(what types of adhesive are recommended?) spoiler tips
  • Paint and filler panels for front and rear bumpers
  • Buff with Maguiar's 7 and assess paint (i'd love to keep it as a survivor. It looks great from 10')!!
  • New decals
  • Replace all door gaskets (maybe do together with T top proj?)
Great to be here! This looks like a great community!
~ Anand

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 9 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Very nice! Welcome!

-Gonz

adhingra

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 28, 2019
Nashua, NH
Nice car & I take it a fan of the real Batman.

Yup!! I want to make a rocket launcher, siren, and bat mobile magnet for the doors. The car will be part of our Halloween costume!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Looks great! Congrats!

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Nice car.

DR HURST 84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2018
Greetings! Here's my (new to me!) 83 HO which I scored last week:

View attachment 119242

VEHICLE HISTORY:
Dealership: Berejik Olds: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Berejik-Motors/164364203582258 (Huge performance shop / racing pedigree from back in the day run by George Berejik)
1st owner: Owned from 1983 to 1987
2nd owner: Owned from 1987 to 2019
3rd owner: Purchased July 2019 with 63,516 miles.

GENERAL CONDITION:
Garage kept, fair weather driver only for its whole life. Sold from Berejik Olds, Needham MA. Dealer badge still in great shape! Solid body, frame, mechanically good condition. Was insured and inspected when I purchased it, so I was able to fully test drive it and take it for a high speed tune up. :) -- T Tops will need further investigation. Paint is pretty decent! Top is oxidized, hoping M7 may cut that out so it's good enough. Some dings, one dent in driver's door. Front bumper rash, hood scoop needs paint. Most other things are wear and tear, TLC types of items

I've lusted after one of these for over 30 years! It is a birthday present to myself (got a BIG one coming up ... lol!!) and I still can't believe it's a reality. Last fun car I had was a 70 Chevelle clone in the late 80's. Nice to be back, so to speak! It's been too long.

I'll start the laundry list of all the things I currently know of. I just joined this forum and have been primarily lurking, knowing I would be getting a vehicle soon! Please let me know if there's a more appropriate place in the forum to put this.

Needless to say ... I AM PSYCHED! THE OBSESSION BEGINS! :LOL:

STUFF TO DO(roughly in order):
  • radiator
  • exhaust
  • front shocks
  • drivers window motor
  • full tune, lube, oil
  • smoke removal (prior owner was heavy smoker)
---- ^^^ Once I finish this stuff I can drive it comfortably!
  • New window sweeps
  • Fix / troubleshoot aftermarket Alpine
  • T Top investigation / project. kinda scary to start looking in here. Gaskets are toast, the front rails seem pretty rusty. More info to come
  • Interior burn hole repair (none are super big, however lots of tiny burns the more you look around)
  • Dentless paint repair for drivers door?
  • Paint and reglue(what types of adhesive are recommended?) spoiler tips
  • Paint and filler panels for front and rear bumpers
  • Buff with Maguiar's 7 and assess paint (i'd love to keep it as a survivor. It looks great from 10')!!
  • New decals
  • Replace all door gaskets (maybe do together with T top proj?)
Great to be here! This looks like a great community!
~ Anand

Nice car! Welcome to the Hurst Olds Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor