New 83 long roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbeck

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 14, 2019
I think it is time to measure the components already in the car. I am starting with, the measurement of the width of the rear axle, hub to hub. I intend to install wider tires in the back 10 inches and that will require a tub rebuild. I am looking for an upgraded rear end I see a Ford 9 inch with 3.6 gears online for $500 is a good buy. I assume I will need to shorten the carrier and buy new axels. I think a 4 link will be the best option so I do need some advice in this area. Some help with the brackets on the Ford rear end is needed. My 10-year-old who this car is for wants bags. Should I rebuild the tubs higher not just wider? Or do I need to reconfigure the frame or is there an easier option?. I get it that I need to shave the frame and box it in and do some reinforcement. I think that a pro mod set up for cornering is better. Can this happen with bags and what rear shocks do you all recommend? How big can I go with rear tires safety? Planning for a 500 HP LS with a 4L80 E Trans. Sorry for so many questions but I need your feedback for this really great 83 Malibu wagon and my 10-year-old son Beefsteak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor