New Australian guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitro496

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2023
Double checking a few things, there is a difference between '90 & older vs. '91 & newer (per you gen BBC) with oil pans but the pick up looks to be good. With the difference with the pans you'll have to look into an aftermarket. But before you start digging into ordering everything suggested ensure the motor install is done correctly with the frame side motor mounts are bolted in the correct location with the correct mounts (same as for a SBC). Just getting the correct mounts could place the motor where is should be & won't need a pan swap. Another issue which I should of brought up in the last post was if the pan is an aftermarket 5 quart. Even possible just it being a 5 quart pan may just be the issue. A 4 quart would be a bad pan to use if it's all about the needed clearance.
Now here is some advice I need to work my way through the dilemma. Right side mount has been installed with a welder. Hmm is that a Texas or a "Team Knuckle Duster" mod? I wonder? I can not even trust the engine location, my instinct tells me it was lowered down until things touched, the trans mount was installed, 1/2 steel plates were put under the engine mount to help the sump clear and the arc welder was used to glue it in to place. This is the stuff I need advice to fix properly.

Nitro496

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2023
You missed out on these but holden kept building you better goodies than gm was giving us... I'm not sure you didn't make out already in the trade...
If the financial rocket surgeons at GM had invested in selling cars and not over leveraged housing GMH Australia would still be in business. There was a plan to do the Commodore as a left hand drive to compete with the Crown Vic for PD and emergency services. A number were built and sent before it got shelved in the cash crash. Why would a car company buy sh*t real-estate instead of financing vehicle sales? Coz the people selling the real estate told them they were smart. Suckers are always smart.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Now here is some advice I need to work my way through the dilemma. Right side mount has been installed with a welder. Hmm is that a Texas or a "Team Knuckle Duster" mod? I wonder? I can not even trust the engine location, my instinct tells me it was lowered down until things touched, the trans mount was installed, 1/2 steel plates were put under the engine mount to help the sump clear and the arc welder was used to glue it in to place. This is the stuff I need advice to fix properly.
Looks like you'll be investing in some grinder time. Pull the 454 & TH400 then get those mounts out. From this detail the problem my just be from someone who just had to use that welder in the corner.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Another possibility is someone didn't want to mess with the drive shaft so they got a 32 spline yoke to replace the 27 spline, installed it on the drive shaft, then put the engine and transmission in so they fit the driveshaft and did whatever to get the motor mounts and transmission mount to work.

Nitro496

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2023
Low compression likes that air crammed in there..
Very true, but with no space under the hood it get hard, lots of room for a centrifugal unit on the front left lol. If I can not tidy it up to get it engineered for road use, may just put a 6/71 on it with two jugs and a fake buzzard hat. 8mm square tooth belt for some old school low boost whine.

NJ Longroof

Random guy
Feb 27, 2020
LOL well that is something I know something about. Former Drag Racing and Burnout commentator, I have seen way more skids than any one man should. I am glad you guys are appreciating the games we play.
I love watching the videos. I recently introduced my father who is an old (77) gearhead to Aussie burnouts. He was quite impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor