NEW BLOWER FAN Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve84

Greasemonkey
Jul 8, 2018
OK it's done! I put in the AC DELCO blower motor and now it does not burn the ground wire anymore to the blower speed control circuit. The motor WAS bad. The only thing is the new motor came with a shorter blower wheel height. Mine is a taller cage. So I swapped my old cage and put it on the new motor to keep the high air flow.
My only concern is that I noticed when the old cage is on the motor and spun by hand, the old cage has a slight wobble. The new cage does not when I try the same test. However when the motor is installed there is no rubbing or noise at all. Then fan works great and smooth.
My last QUESTION on this, is should I worry about the wobble on this plastic original cage (34 years old) that is the proper large size in height? Or is everything OK now? Like I said no more blowing even a 15 amp fuse when I think these motors take 20 - 25 amp fuses normally and no noise or rubbing and works smooth.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If the plastic cage wobbles now it probably wobbled on the original motor and that didn't cause any issues....I would leave it be and find a new problem to work on...:)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Steve84

Greasemonkey
Jul 8, 2018
If the plastic cage wobbles now it probably wobbled on the original motor and that didn't cause any issues....I would leave it be and find a new problem to work on...:)
Makes perfect sense. Now to get to replacing my emergency brake light bulb. Always nervous tackling something I never did before. I don't like damaging anything. Thanks for all your help (y)

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Makes perfect sense. Now to get to replacing my emergency brake light bulb. Always nervous tackling something I never did before. I don't like damaging anything. Thanks for all your help (y)

This is a great forum to ask any questions you have, it's better to ask before than after and no questions are dumb. There will always be others who learn from the answers to the questions you ask

Last edited:

Steve84

Greasemonkey
Jul 8, 2018
This is a great forum to ask any questions you have, it's better to ask before than after and no questions are dumb.
Yes indeed. I did ask that question on another thread. I was told to pop off the wood trim bezel (pull towards self) and then unbolt or unscrew the idiot light module and then pull out slightly to get to the bulbs in the back of it. Sounds easy but I still have fears about upsetting things that have been untouched for so long.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I remember that, you could have continued your thread about blowing fuses with the post you started this thread with. That would be helpful to others to see what the fix was for the problems that you were having.

Steve84

Greasemonkey
Jul 8, 2018
I remember that, you could have continued your thread about blowing fuses with the post you started this thread with. That would be helpful to others to see what the fix was for the problems that you were having.
True. Is there a way to delete threads? I will do that to avoid confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor