New build for Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveshow

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 13, 2015
What could possibly be their holdup, if they have the basecoat sprayed?!?!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

David.C

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2012
Some of these things I could do myself, but my schedule is very busy. So… it’s just easier to pay.

Tasks they have yet to complete:
1. Split, tuck, mount rear bumper (fiberglass) and paint
2. Fit and paint front bumper (fiberglass)
3. Fit and paint hood w/ rally stripes
4. Paint the header panel
5. Mold and fit spoiler on deck lid
6. Fit and paint deck lid w/ rally stripes
7. Reinstall quarter and door glass.
8. Reinstall door and quarter glass window moldings (including window sweeps).
9. Reinstall all seals (doors, door glass, & trunk).
10. Install door handles
11. Seam seal where cage passes through body
12. Color sand, cut and buff.

I left town 10-28 APR for a business trip. My wife and I went to the shop prior to my departure and discussed the progress I expected to see while I was gone. I even texted him a week prior to my return to inquire about progress; his reply was “Slow but getting there.” (22 APR). I got back on Sunday, and went to the shop on Monday (29 APR), literally nothing had been done and the car had been covered and pushed to the side. I was more angry about being misled, than a failure to meet previously discussed goals.

Last edited:

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
That's what really gets me too, I always tell people I would much rather hear the answer I don't want than to be lied to but still happens all the time

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
That's what really gets me too, I always tell people I would much rather hear the answer I don't want than to be lied to but still happens all the time

Very similarly, when I was Managing IT people, part of my pre-hire speech was:

"I am not the type of person that if I screw up, I sit huddled in the corner hoping the teacher doesn't call on me. I am standing up, waiving my hand saying 'hey, that was me'. I expect the same out of my employees. Think about it from my point of view - A) people aren't perfect, I get that.. and B) I don't want to get blind-sided by someones mistake. I would rather be prepared for any fallout, and already have a solution either completed or in place. Don't you agree?"

If they heard that little speech, I already intended on hiring them. If they said "yes", the job was theirs... If they said Anything But Yes, I didn't hire them. And sadly, that happened on more than a few occasions.

-Gonz

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Very similarly, when I was Managing IT people, part of my pre-hire speech was:

"I am not the type of person that if I screw up, I sit huddled in the corner hoping the teacher doesn't call on me. I am standing up, waiving my hand saying 'hey, that was me'. I expect the same out of my employees. Think about it from my point of view - A) people aren't perfect, I get that.. and B) I don't want to get blind-sided by someones mistake. I would rather be prepared for any fallout, and already have a solution either completed or in place. Don't you agree?"

If they heard that little speech, I already intended on hiring them. If they said "yes", the job was theirs... If they said Anything But Yes, I didn't hire them. And sadly, that happened on more than a few occasions.

-Gonz

Did a similar thing when I was running assisted living programs

David.C

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2012
Back from another trip, headed to the shop tomorrow. I hope to see some actual progress this time.

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Crack the whip?

Looking fantastic.

-Gonz

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor