New build for Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies.

David.C

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2012
Curious, how's the different panels look in person in the light?

I'd always been told that when dealing with metallic colors, if it isn't painted together you see the difference between panels because the flake doesn't lay the same.

Sounded like in your build the car was painted at least 3 or 4 separate times (shell, hood/trunk, bumper).

Maybe it's just that I usually have high flake or tri-coat metallics these days? Just curious.

Once you finish the wife's car toss her your keys and say "your turn, trade back when you're finished"

I get where you're going with your question and yes there were 3x different paint phases because of color change

First was cut in (firewall, inside fenders, inside doors, door jams, underside of deck lid and jams, underside of hood, and roll bar

Second was body exterior which included header panel, bumpers, fenders, hood, doors, deck lid all sprayed at the same time

Third was the stripes

So there was no change in panel color because the exterior base color was all painted at the same time. If I failed to covey that in my posts, I apologize.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I get where you're going with your question and yes there were 3x different paint phases because of color change

First was cut in (firewall, inside fenders, inside doors, door jams, underside of deck lid and jams, underside of hood, and roll bar

Second was body exterior which included header panel, bumpers, fenders, hood, doors, deck lid all sprayed at the same time

Third was the stripes

So there was no change in panel color because the exterior base color was all painted at the same time. If I failed to covey that in my posts, I apologize.
No worries. Thanks for answering the question. Some of the pics looked like the shop painted some exterior surface parts, then didn't get to others until weeks later.

Glad to hear it all looked as good (or better) in person as online. You certainly had the patience for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor