New Caballero member from Rhode Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fnlowrider

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2020
Myrtle beach
I am a new member from Rhode Island I will be moving to Myrtle Beach in a few weeks I own a 1987 GMC Caballero. I bought the car in the summer of 2019 the previous owner had it sandblasted down to bare metal and painted he did the same to the underside of the car and undercoated it.Then he put a crate 305 in the car with dual exhaust. He also had the bed Rhino coated. A couple months later he got into an accident with the car no frame damage however the hood entire Grill headlights and right quarter had to be replaced. He then decided to sell the car. considering the work he did I bought it at a very reasonable price. I replace the hood, right fender radiator support header panel Grill and all Associated nose parts. The interior is in good shape it has bucket seats a console with a 4-speed automatic shift. I encourage you to take a look at my showcase any feedback or comments are welcome and appreciated.

Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Welcome to the site from Houston. I saw your pictures on the main page for the site. That's a nice looking Caballero. I'm glad it got fixed. I love the blue!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
I am a new member from Rhode Island I will be moving to Myrtle Beach in a few weeks I own a 1987 GMC Caballero. I bought the car in the summer of 2019 the previous owner had it sandblasted down to bare metal and painted he did the same to the underside of the car and undercoated it.Then he put a crate 305 in the car with dual exhaust. He also had the bed Rhino coated. A couple months later he got into an accident with the car no frame damage however the hood entire Grill headlights and right quarter had to be replaced. He then decided to sell the car. considering the work he did I bought it at a very reasonable price. I replace the hood, right fender radiator support header panel Grill and all Associated nose parts. The interior is in good shape it has bucket seats a console with a 4-speed automatic shift. I encourage you to take a look at my showcase any feedback or comments are welcome and appreciated.
Welcome to GBF, from one Cab owner to another. Mine is a '78 stick shift model. I saw the photos too, I agree with texas82gp, great color and you did a fine job on the repair.

Reactions: 1 user

Fnlowrider

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2020
Myrtle beach
Welcome to GBF, from one Cab owner to another. Mine is a '78 stick shift model. I saw the photos too, I agree with texas82gp, great color and you did a fine job on the repair.
Thanks for your friendly welcome I tried to find your profile and look at a showcase but was unsuccessful thanks again

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Thanks for your friendly welcome I tried to find your profile and look at a showcase but was unsuccessful thanks again
I'm relatively new here still, only two months so far. I'm not sure if I have posted any pictures yet. I own a '78 Caballero, and also a '79 El Camino.
The '79 is a low mile original, so it only gets out just a few times per year. The '78 is a regular driver. I'll see if I can attach a photo of the '78. I don't seem to have a photo of the '79 on my phone.
20200209_144202.jpg

The '78 was a factory 200ci v6 3spd stick, now it is a 307ci v8 5spd stick.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor