New Caballero (son's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2016
1984 Cab.jpg
Just bought this for my son. We're both new to the G body and have a few questions, so we'll need some guidance on a lot of things. Car is a one family 1984 Caballero with 75k miles. Very low option and very clean, but downside is it has a V6. Biggest issue I have other than no power is the rattle/scratching from the trim (?) of the back glass. Is there any way to stop it? Yeah, I know it's got Chevy hubs ;)... Thanks in advance.

Pedrolif

Greasemonkey
Mar 28, 2016
New Hampshire
I think my fathers Caballero that got used as a Jersey Barrier before the "nice guy" ran into the garage and stream also had the Chevy hub covers on it. No shame in it.
And that is one nice Caballero you have there. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Mar 31, 2016
I think my fathers Caballero that got used as a Jersey Barrier before the "nice guy" ran into the garage and stream also had the Chevy hub covers on it. No shame in it.
And that is one nice Caballero you have there. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Thanks. He's always liked them and he wanted something different from all his friends who typically have lifted pickups or Jeeps. Mission accomplished.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Welcome to the site!

Good looking cabby! Always nice to start with a solid foundation. The Caballero specific stuff, like emblems can be tough to find but otherwise everything else can be used from an El Camino. The center caps look to be S10. If you could find some GMC Jimmy caps that would remedy that little issue. I'll be watching your progress.

Reactions: 1 user
Mar 31, 2016
Welcome to the site!

Good looking cabby! Always nice to start with a solid foundation. The Caballero specific stuff, like emblems can be tough to find but otherwise everything else can be used from an El Camino. The center caps look to be S10. If you could find some GMC Jimmy caps that would remedy that little issue. I'll be watching your progress.
Good tip on the Jimmy hubs. Very different territory for me, but should be fun. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor