New Chicagoland G-Body Owner (84 Monte SS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordoba1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 15, 2022
Hello everyone! Adam here, I'm new to the G-Body scene. My buddy in high school had an 8-something, probably 82 or so Buick Regal. "4.9 Litre" badges, and factory orange paint. I've never seen another in that factory orange -- didn't like it at the time, but now remember it as cool.

I digress! I picked up a sweet, super-low millage 84 Monte Carlo SS recently. Here's pictures:

84montecarlo(1).jpg
84montecarlo(2).jpg
84montecarlo(56).jpg
84montecarlo(38).jpg

Attachments

• 84montecarlo(85).jpg
    84montecarlo(85).jpg
    583.3 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: 8 users

Cordoba1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 15, 2022
My intention is to keep it as original as I can. As it sits, it is VERY original. As it sits, the only thing changes is I put new tires on it -- because I intend to drive it. Other than battery and fluids, it is pretty much factory-minty.

If you're wondering why I have a Mopar-themed screen-name, my last car was another coupe of 1980's vintage, a 1981 Chrysler Cordoba LS. Images here: http://www.functionbox.org/Darlene/

Reactions: 1 user

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Welcome to the GBodyForum!
Nice Monte. The car looks d@mn near new. Nice shape.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Beautiful SS, what is the mileage? With those Eagle GT's I'm guessing pretty low. You may already know that but you can buy new Eagle GT's if you really want to keep the original vibe. Not cheap but if I had one like that and wanted to keep it all original I'd probably spend the coin on them.

Reactions: 1 user

Cordoba1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 15, 2022
Beautiful SS, what is the mileage? With those Eagle GT's I'm guessing pretty low. You may already know that but you can buy new Eagle GT's if you really want to keep the original vibe. Not cheap but if I had one like that and wanted to keep it all original I'd probably spend the coin on them.
As of this writing, it less than 1,000 miles on the clock. When delivered, I drove it from the trailer to my tire shop to get new feet: BF Goodrich tires installed. The car was wearing the 38 year-old tires. I intend to drive it now and then, so new shoes were in order.

I didn't know about Eagle GTs... I'll be having a look!

Reactions: 2 users

Jorge1958

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2019
Columbia City Oregon
Nice Monte. I bought an 86 SS back in 2018. Super low miles. Came with the original Goodyear Radial GTS on it. I was gonna drive it once and a while so i put a new set of shoes on it but i kept the originals. Mine is very original to and im gonna keep it that way.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
That's a super sweet Monte.

Your underhood "CDM" decal looks pretty disheveled. But they were all like that because they were made out of paper. They came in 2 halves. One went on the ECM and the other was under the hood on the HVAC evaporator housing.

In case you ever need a new one...lemme know.

Here's some proofs I did for another guy's 84. Made out of more durable material. Same rounded corner halves and perforated in between.

84 CDM Monte SS ECM Decal PROOF 2nd version.JPG

As stated, you can find your "other half" on the ECM.

CDM 84 Monte SS ECM decal.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
The listing for this car was posted here some time back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor