"NEW" Coke to make a zombie-like return. NOOoooo!!!!!!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I honestly thought we killed this abomination back in the mid-80s...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...er-34-years-thank-stranger-things/3751131002/

Now, because of some STUPID friggin' show on Netflix, they decide they're going to re-release this can of crap upon the world again.

It's like when you eat something that tastes like a sh*t sandwich, bringing it back with the same formula years later isn't going to make it better.

If anyone was around in 1985 and remembers this STUPID FRIGGIN' MISTAKE on the human race, you'll hope like hell this gets the same reception as the old "New" Coke.

But back then, they didn't give you options. They just took away the regular coke one day, gave us this crap, then the rebellion quickly had them get rid of that crap and bring back the original formula to what is now known as Coca-Cola Classic. And a fate was similar to Pepsi later on in 1992 when they came out with this shiit called Crystal Pepsi, aka Pepsi Clear. That was more piss water that needed to be taken out back and buried. Sometimes, dead is better...

All I can say is this, they BEST not drop the classic Coke formula again for this acrid example of a soft drink. Or I'll drive to Atlanta and give Mr. Quincey (Coke CEO) a swift kick in the nuts.

images

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

82GrandPrix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 22, 2019
Thunder Bay, Ontario
It's not really 'new' though. It was new in the mid 80's, but now it's actually 'old' Coke. Or is it? Maybe because it was such a bomb at the the time most people have forgotten about it so it could now actually truthfully be called "NEW Coke".

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I was never a fan of Coke old, new or new again.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
In this day and age, who really drinks cola in general? I might have 1 or 2 a month, if that. OJ, coffee, water, alcohol, and water in that order over the course of the average day. I used to do Vitamin Water until they ****ed the lemon flavor up, and now I don't even touch it.....saves the wife $15 a month, too.

Nov 4, 2012
Diet Coke is my go to beverage. Yeah I know it's awful for you, whatever... I can't stand the taste of coffee and Miller Lite is not "appropriate"at 5 am... so I am told. So yeah, Diet Coke.

As for new/regular coke... New Coke predates me and I'm not a fan of regular Coke.

• Haha

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Nope. Nope. Nope. Do not want.

Funny thing is I stopped drinking Coca-Cola about 20 years ago. My parents kept a fridge loaded with the stuff - I would drink 3 to 5 cans a day in my teens. That sh*t is addictive! One day I just quit cold turkey and never went back. I still have cravings.

The irony is I still keep a fridge full of pop (mostly a variety of root beers and Dr. Pepper) and I can take it or leave it. I am down to half a can when I do have one in the Winter, Summer is usually 3 cans during a hard day's work. Too much sugar.

Hooray for my metabolic rate and activity level!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
We got a sodastream thingie for my carbonated soft drink addiction. I only buy the diet root beer mix, so no sugar or calories, but I get my fizzy fix. So if I do drink Coke it's diet coke. A couple of glasses a day and I'm good now.

I blame the ex-wife. She used to work for Coca-Cola in the Finance department. She would bring that stuff home for $2 per case....I felt like a tweaker in an unattended meth lab..... :) It' woulda been better if she worked at Anheuser-Busch.

The good thing about the "NEW" Coke--- it only lasted for 79 days on the market. May no one ever live through that again, but oh, it's happening by this Thursday.

So all you suckers that missed it back in 1985.....it's your turn to know how shiitty the NEW Coke really was first-hand. Don't have to listen to us old f**kers tell horror-stories about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor